Search results

1. J

Trailer repair Victoria

If anyone was looking for a place to take their trailer in Vic since custom hitch is closed I was just at Fennel RV about my Camper and they are starting to do marine trailer maintenance this spring. Sara who used to work at custom hitch and her husband purchased Fennel and will being boat...
  2. J

2021 Sooke Reports

Spring fishing has been so good we haven’t really tried. Had a friend troll back from otter last week out deep and he was hitting then but all wild.
  3. J

2021 Sooke Reports

Got out right after work for a few hours. Definitely the nicest even of the year so far, not a ripple on the water. Couple misses then one about 15 right as we were about to pull gear as the sun went down. I thought it looked a little skinny and the guy beside me at the dock said the same about...
  4. J

2021 Sooke Reports

I was out the last 2 mornings from Sooke Harbour and it was definitely blowing 30. On shore there wasn’t even a breath of wind but it was pretty lumpy on the water.
  5. J

2021 Sooke Reports

Out front 6-11. Rougher than we thought. Picked up 2 pink and a hatch coho. Hid behind the island for a bit a hit a couple 20-25lb bonus springs.
  6. J

Sooke to Bamfield

Take the canal. Go early and enjoy the views. If you have never done it it’s amazing. Gets nasty in the afternoon though.
  7. J

Malibu boats

We have a 185 and love it. I’ve had it in some crazy weather and never felt more than a slight pucker. I’ve also had my kids out from the age of 3 and feel totally safe with the high freeboard. I actually feel uncomfortable when out in my friends Grady and trophies with the lower sides. Great boats!
  8. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Fished yesterday and today 630-12. Did some turns off the point both mornings looked sooo fishy but no luck on springs so headed out off secretary for coho. Landed around 15 both days but only 3 clipped Sunday and 1 today. Best fishing was 500-550 ft down 100-150 on the rigger. I think the...
  9. J

Kayak launches near good fishing

I wouldn’t want to be right at otter point in a kayak when the current is ripping but you would be fine fishing Gordon’s beach down to Muir creek. Still some great fishing and not many boats in there with all the crab traps.
  10. J

Elk Lake Victoria

I’ve never personally fished Elk but I know a friend of mine uses small plugs trolling fast in the middle for trout. Bass fishing on the island seems to be picking up popularity on the island with tournaments held on various lakes this year. I would join Vancouver Island Bass Fishing group on...
  11. J

Otter Point on The Ebb

I was almost hit by a boat off possession a few weeks back, the guys flasher was outside my window he was that close. He was yelling at me and didn’t even try and move out of the way even though he turned right into me just stayed on his line.What pissed me off the most was I was going around...
  12. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Looks like Sealeggs
  13. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Out 6-11 today. Scraped up a just under 80cm and released a few wild coho and smaller springs. Seemed pretty quiet out there...
  14. J

Meet Motley

I’m out tomorrow morning I’ll try and take a pic of the bracket we use
  15. J

Meet Motley

Beauty boat. My dad has a 185 and we love it. Have never not felt safe out there and I’ll fish in pretty much anything!
  16. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Great morning around Otter today. 1 other boat there at 6am In the fog and maybe 10 off the point by 11. Released 9 springs at the boat from 8 lb to mid/high teens. Limit of Hatchery coho kept and seemed bigger than Monday too. Must have been close to 30 fish on the day, pretty much nonstop action.
  17. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Same day as Englishman out there. Tried the trap for a bit but no luck on springs. Trolled back out deep and caught/released lost 20+ coho. Ended with a triple in 180 of possession. Kept 4 hatch for some fresh meat 3-4 lbs and released wilds up to 6ish. Felt like September out there just smaller...
  18. J

2020 Sooke Reports

Heading out early From Sooke for our first real trip of the year. Would you turn left or right right now?
  19. J

Fenwick HMX

It’s just there 9ft down rigger rod. We bought 2 on sale for $70 each. Fishing is expensive enough, I’m happy with my $70 rod and shimano 4000gt I picked up used for $50 .
  20. J

Fenwick HMX

I’ve been using 9ft ugly stiks for the last 5 years and love them. Everyone else who’s been on the boat and used them likes them too. Fish out of an 18ft hard top so the 9ft is that much easier to manage.
Back