Search results

1. doryman53

Port browning

heading over to Port Browning on Pender for the weekend. Wondering if it is worth dropping a crab trap in the area. Thanks in advance.
  2. doryman53

Kicker bracket for C Dory advice

Check out C Brats site. Everything C Dory and a ton of info
  3. doryman53

ARMY & NAVY closing permanently

Was my second job as a young fella at the Columbia Street store. Worked great in sporting goods section First job was a pin setter at the bowling alley down the street OMG. Good times back then. Hunting pigeons and under neath the docks LOL
  4. doryman53

Boat Launches Open/Closed

I did talk to Coastguard today and they do not have jurisdiction over boat ramps. That is harbour master or who runs the ramp and that in my case it is the town of Sidney who has made the decision to close Tulista boat ramp. For or against it might be good to contact the town of Sidney and let...
  5. doryman53

Coast Guard advising only essential travel on the water WTF
  6. doryman53

Getting close to putting the boat in the water for the summer but now hearing Coast Guard has asked Sidney to close the Tulista ramp on May 1st.
  7. doryman53

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

So fished Swale yesterday bout an hour after morning tide change. Netted two. One around 12 the other 14lb Purple flasher and anchovie. ''Twas a good couple of hours
  8. doryman53

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Hey. Heading up tomorrow for a few days and will be on the far side so probably fish Swale and Lyle point area. I'll keep you posted
  9. doryman53

Salt water tackle box

Thanks for replies. I have a bunch of gear but generally like to keep my one box full of favourites and stuff I use in a go to. Never thought bout soft but will look into that. You are right on about hard plastic and melt.
  10. doryman53

Salt water tackle box

yikes so my Fenwick box has bit the dust after many years. The poor soul has served me well through abuse and sad to say a bit of neglect. Had a Plano awhile back..year and a half and it was toast. Thoughts on a new one would be great.
  11. doryman53

Vancouver Canucks season

Over on the 19th to see em play Chicago Hope they pick up the pace a bit. Let's see how they do against Montreal argggggggggg
  12. doryman53

2016 Sidney

Saturday morning around 10am keep your eyes and ears open as it is the Sidney poker run. Lots of cool boats leaving the Sidney pier area on full throttle. Awsome
  13. doryman53

2016 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Fished swale rock yesterday morning. Us and one tin boat were the only ones around. 15 minutes in my rod went off and started screaming. Landed a beauty 25lber on a purple coho killer. Go figure. Fished another hr past the 9 tide change an just small stuff. I was a happy man for my birthday. Terry
  14. doryman53

2016 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Going to be in the area Thursday to Sunday. Fishing Swale and around there. No off shore due to boat size but any thoughts would be a help. Thanks. Terry
  15. doryman53

2016 Sidney

Fished Hamley today from 9 till 2. Buddy didn't have his line in yet and mine went off. Barely over so released thinking a good sign. NOPE. Nada for the rest of the day. Tried it all bait and spoons. Good day on the water though. Sun calm seas and good company. Two traps at the spit on the way...
  16. doryman53

Monster chinook return to Port Alberni

Going to be up there 22nd for 3 days so hope they have showed up in shore. If not just going to hang.
  17. doryman53

2016 Pender Bluffs

Going to be hanging at otter bay for Canada day but will run out and try the bluffs in the morning so will keep you posted.
  18. doryman53

2016 Sidney

Took a buddy out Sunday and dropped two traps at the spit then ran to Roche for lunch and a couple cold ones. 3 hour soak and the one had 12 mostly male. The other. Big nada. Go figure. Kept my 4 all over 7. Getting frustrated with the fishing so a good day to just chill.
  19. doryman53

2016 Sidney

On the water by 6:30 and fished Wain Rock for the tide change. Nada. Tried Coal for a few hours but same thing. Still as always a great day with or without.
Back