Search results

1. F

VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

The guy that got the beating had originally posted online “I finally decided to stand up for myself and this is what I got” with a picture of his beat up face. There was a video of him throwing rocks floating around on the net. I would say both parties were in the wrong. Everyones worried...
  2. F

Cuts of meat on sale

If any of you guys in the lower mainland are looking for a good deal on regular ground beef, The Mad Butcher in Abbotsford has 10lbs packaged into 1lb logs of frozen reg ground beef for $20 everyday. They have lean ground too but more expensive, not positive on price as I always buy regular.
  3. F

F350 GVWR/registration/ICBC etc.

Sorry, I was used “GVW”instead of GVWR. I had my GVWR (vehicle weight plus trailer weight) raised from whatever it was to 9500kg to tow my flat deck trailer rated at 14000lbs. After I sold the trailer I dropped it down to somewhere around 4200kg to save on the insurance cost of being labeled a...
  4. F

F350 GVWR/registration/ICBC etc.

I just told my insurance agent I needed 9500kg GVW on my dodge and they said no problem! Just had to pay a bit more because of it. After I sold my trailer I dropped it back to 1 1/2 times the vehicle weight( lowest you can go) to save on the insurance.
  5. F

Tohatsu opinions?

great motors! I have a 90hp 2 stroke and a 9.8 4 stroke kicker on my 16’ double eagle. Zero complaints. Maple marine in langley is a tohatsu dealer/service centre.
  6. F

Transom support

Mywedge works awesome! https://m-ywedge.com/
  7. F

What's for dinner tonight ?

Well damn....looks like I know what I’m making this weekend!
  8. F

What's for dinner tonight ?

I’ve been doing mine the same way. Turn out great!
  9. F

Cuts of meat on sale

I will be grabbing a few for sure!
  10. F

Transom saver?

The m-y wedge is a great product! I know you can’t get one in time but for future travels is is much better than the transom saver that bolts to the trailer.
  11. F

Cuts of meat on sale

I’m going to smoke the whole leg for pulled pork.
  12. F

Cuts of meat on sale

I grabbed 3 whole legs from save on. Great deal! Going to make some delicious pulled pork in the smoker. Safeway in langley has whole bellies for $3.99/lb and smaller pieces for $4.99/lb time to make some bacon!
  13. F

Condensation on inside of windshield

Rain x has a “anti fog” product I tried and it sucks. My next move will be one of those suction mount defrosters that plug into a cigarette lighter socket. They work great. https://www.fisheriessupply.com/caframo-mini-electric-ceramic-heater-defroster-9303
  14. F

1950’s Elgin Outboard Motor

If you’re on the mainland I will take it!.....on the island....I will still take it
  15. F

1950’s Elgin Outboard Motor

Where are you located?
  16. F

Suzuki (older) outboard issues

I had a similar problem with a Johnson 60hp. You could disconnect the wire to the fuel primer solenoid to see if that solves the issue. I chased the problem for a long time and eventually rebuilt the carbs and did a link and sync and also replaced the fuel pump. Never had the problem again after...
  17. F

New Kicker Options

Tohatsu 9.9 for the win. Cheaper than the rest and rock solid motors
  18. F

Winter Boat Storage in Lower Mainland/Valley - Update, found storage, please ignore post

I will talk to my buddy and see if he has access to the barn he was storing boats in last year
  19. F

What are they dipping the salmon in?

Glazed with water. I worked at a commercial fish plant when I was young and that’s what they did with whole or fillets. Better quality
  20. F

Trailer bearings + saltwater

Funny story, bought a high liner trailer off a friend. Decided I better do the wheel bearings. The bearings had definitely seen better days but not the worst I’ve seen. Showed my buddy the picture of them and he said “ hey! Not bad for 16 years and never looking at them”. Trailer has bearing...
Back