Search results

1. Harps

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone fishing, condition report? Wind looks like it is due to build early evening.
  2. Harps

Filleting Knife

Yeah I paid Canadian I went to their workshop rather than doing it online
  3. Harps

Filleting Knife

You wont regret it. I read a review on their site, it was some guy who had tried a bunch of filleting knives and had several on his boat, once he bought the NA knife he threw all the others out. It rang a bell with me. My wife loves the chef knife and I recently bought her the pairing knife...
  4. Harps

Filleting Knife

I have A Cosmo as well, its a beauty too. So nice that i dont want to wreck it :-) I keep a couple of Mora’s on the boat, great for bleeding and chopping off the head.
  5. Harps

Filleting Knife

Best filleting knife I have owned is from North Arm knives, BC made by father and son. Have a few of there other ones too, a bit addicted. Fantastic quality.
  6. Harps

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Great day. QA was wild for a while, few unders and one keeper, then died so we headed to RC. Wow, triple header, then a double header, threw a keeper back as the other side was bigger. Boxed 4 good size, only one was hatchery. So much fun, have never had a day like that.
  7. Harps

My sweet spot was 75 - 85 Saturday afternoon. Don’t want to give my exact depth :-)
  8. Harps

Fished from 3-6 at the hump, SE corner with splatter back hoochie. Some good action, a few smalls, lost a couple reeling them in and another snapped my rod at the boat, definite keeper. Skunked and gutted, plenty out there.
  9. Harps

Any weather updates from the Hump area?
  10. Harps

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Some good action in the harbour this afternoon. Just running the one rod with cop car spoon and a glow moon jelly flasher in 92 - 130ft near the bottom. First was small, next was a keeper but lost at the boat, another keeper landed, next two were small and a seal ran off with the last one. Was...
  11. Harps

I'm feeling violated and not in a good way

Where's the spot? :-)
  12. Harps

Just seen the GypSea Prick heading back towards the North Arm around 545pm so they must be up there somewhere, fenders bouncing around, makes them easy to spot. Anyway on a happier note caught a 14lber off the east side of Thrasher in 600' at 125'. Nice and calm
  13. Harps

There has been mention on here about this boat being caught in the act. I did not see them pull up a pot and they could have well been dropping their own. Took these photos about 1130am today off Spanish banks. The pot is the one they were by.
  14. Harps

Had 2 keepers at QA in the last 1 1/2 hours and a couple of smalls. Following same track south of QA. Green and white spoon yellow flasher
  15. Harps

Any updates anywhere? One keeper lots of smalls at Thrasher
  16. Harps

Only picked up smalls so far at Thrasher
  17. Harps

How young is too young to keep fish?

If my kid (4) needs a license to bonk a fish, I will get him one, I won't get him one just so I can record a catch on it. Not that I think it is wrong it's because I don't need that many fish. If I get my limit I feel lucky. Perhaps in a year or 2 where he might get more involved and wants me...
  18. Harps

Got one between Gabriola and Five fingers yesterday, just legal. Hit one this afternoon at Thrasher, 85ft in 600ft away from the pack before tide change. It was a marbled. This was the one today and his snack
  19. Harps

Quite windy over here in Silva bay. Some whitecaps out there.
  20. Harps

What is the best way to get that sticky ***** off? I had issues at the hump a couple of weeks back, I pushed most of it to the end while a buddy reeled and cut the last few feet off the line. Some still ending up in my reel. Would hate to have a good fish on and deal with that too.
Back