Search results

1. Reelin In The Years

9.9 Yamaha

Fishing out of Nanaimo yesterday and it was fairly nice out, so I thought I would drop the kicker and fish using it. It started up right away and I let it warm up while I connected the steering arm to the big motor. I put it in gear and turned the big motor off. It ran fine for a bit then I...
  2. Reelin In The Years

Just putting it out there

A friend and myself have LEH moose draws for a shared hunt North of PG. We are looking for a 4th hunter as we had a fellow drop out and we feel it is better to have 4 guys than 3. We have not chosen an exact time frame as to when we would leave or return, but are thinking some time from Sept...
  3. Reelin In The Years

2013 Suzuki DF140

Came in from fishing the fingers on Mon. Motor ran good coming in with off and on the throttle. WOT sometimes and slowing down for rougher sections. Get into Newcastle channel and slow to 5mph. Get to area where the Brechin launch is and pull throttle into neutral waiting for a space at the...
  4. Reelin In The Years

What's going on here!

For 2 weeks in a row now there has been no Lucky Lager bottled beer at Terminal Park in Nanaimo. Some of you foreigners from the mainland must be coming here for vacation and buying all our Lucky. Have had to choke down some Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager. Too much for a guy to take. What's next...
  5. Reelin In The Years

Tiller Arm

Hello I am selling a tiller arm for a 2006 Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust. It is in good shape and works well. I left the cables on to demonstrate that it works, but they will need to be replaced. Asking $150. For some reason when I attach the pics of it a message comes up and says file is to large...
  6. Reelin In The Years

2006 Yamaha 9.9 Tiller Arm

Selling a tiller arm for a 9.9 Yamaha. I converted my High Thrust Yamaha to shifter controls., so I no longer need the tiller arm. The existing cables are no good, but I left them there to demonstrate the arm works fine. Asking $150. Email your address and I can send you some pics
  7. Reelin In The Years

Wall Tent

Capital Canvas wall tent that measures 14x16. Just like new and only used for 5 days this past Oct. No frame, but a frame can be bought from Capital Canvas. Comes with a heavy duty tarp that is purchased through Capital Canvas with the tent. To view the tent and the frame that you can get, go to...
  8. Reelin In The Years

703 Controls

Anybody have a set of wrecked 703 controls with the pull bracket on the inside. The 703 controls I have, has the push bracket. So won't work on my 9.9 Yamaha. Would like to buy just the bracket, if possible. Also, if you have a complete set of 703 controls kicking around you aren't using, let me...
  9. Reelin In The Years

Buying Boat Gas

Where in Nanaimo can you take your trailered boat to buy gas? The 2 Co Op gas stations I went to today are not operating there marine gas pumps and when I asked if they were going to run them in the near future, they said not likely. So, I am wondering where everyone is buying fuel?
  10. Reelin In The Years

Thieving Ba$tards

Tuesday evening around 5 o'clock my brother thinks, someone stole his truck from in front of his home in South Nanaimo. These are the pics of his 2005 Ford. Please keep your eyes out for it and if spotted alert the police.
  11. Reelin In The Years

Tim Conway RIP

Tim Conway was certainly one of the funniest actors to ever hit the stage and do live comedy. Cracked up the audience and fellow actors. Never see pure comedians like that anymore. Brightest star on the Carol Burnett show.
  12. Reelin In The Years

Sproat lake loggers derby

Likely heading up to the derby on Fri. the 1st of Mar. for the derby. Who else is going? Jerry
  13. Reelin In The Years

185 Malibu

Somebody is advertising a 185 Malibu on usednanaimo for $500. Add says the stringers are rotten, no motor or trailer. If someone wants a good boat for a project, these are good hulls with a hardtop.
  14. Reelin In The Years

outboard mechanic

Anybody know of a decent outboard mechanic in Nanaimo? I have a 9.9 2 stroke evinrude that has come down with a few issues that I would like to have checked out. thks
  15. Reelin In The Years

Moorage in Nanaimo

Does anyone know if there is overnight moorage available at any docks in the Newcastle channel? Would like to moor our boat the w/e of June 17,18. thanks RITY
  16. Reelin In The Years

Wanted: Transducer Cable Extension

Hi all. Just bought a Lowrance Elite 9 Chirp from Harbour Chandler and wouldn't you know it after running the transducer cable I am about 1' short of cable. So, I phoned HC and the shortest they have is 12' to the tune of $49. (It never ends). Just wondering if anyone has an extension cable...
  17. Reelin In The Years

Wanted a marine cam

hello Anyone have a marine cam for a 350/5.7 Vortec. In the process of building a 350/5.7 and the cam that comes with a truck engine is not suitable for a marine application. Live in mid island area. Thks for any replies. Jerry
  18. Reelin In The Years

What to do with white spring

After trying many different ways of cooking or smoking white springs, I am wondering what a lot of members on here do to try and get some taste out of these fish. We have tried baking in the oven, on the b-que and smoking. Smoked the last one with some coho caught last year and the taste of the...
Back