Search results

1. N

Cowichan River Fly Fishing Tips

Hey all, i want to catch a brown on the cowichan. Any tips, flies, hatches on right now woulod be appreciated! NSF
  2. N

Fly fishing Lessons

Hey there, I was wondering if there is anyone around the victoria area who would be willing to give fly casting/fishing lessons. I've tried videos, ive tried everything else, and its not working. Would be willing to pay a reasonable price. Cheers, NSF
  3. N

Elk Lake Bass from shore

Anyone getting any bass on elk lake from shore? Wanna start hammering some of those guys
  4. N

Fly Fishing Frustrations

Hey all, No matter how hard i try, no matter where i go, it seems i cant catch a fish on a fly. Im in the southern Island, can anyone suggest a place where i could easily catch my first fish on a fly rod, just to eliminate those jitters and doubts? Thanks guys, NSF
  5. N

What strength leader/tippit to use in Cowichan River

Hey all, Im hoping to get out to the cowichan river, and was wondering what strength tippit/leader would be best to use! I'm using 4ib test right now, but after doing some reading im wondering if this isn't enough.
  6. N

Palimino Trout AKA The Golden Rainbow

Hey, I was wondering if any of you have ever caught or saw a Palimino, aka the Golden Rainbow in BC, specifically the island? Thanks! Nova
  7. N

NHL Playoffs Thread

Whats everyones opinion on the first night?
  8. N

In desperate need of a fishing buddy

Hey all. Just a shoutout to anyone else whos in the south island area and looking for a fishing buddy, feel free to hmu anytime!
  9. N

Salmon from shore in Esquimalt

Hey all, i was wondering if theres any place near esquimalt where you can catch salmon from shore, and if so, what on? Cheers!
  10. N

2015 Trout Derby

I was thinking we should have a trout derby here on the fourms, keep track of our biggest fish we catch this year! Bows, Steelies, and Cuttys are all eligible, just post your nicest trout from this year on this thread, along with the weight, and i'll take care of the rankings!
  11. N

Baits and flys to use for rainbow trout, on victoria area lakes

Hey all, im trying to get a "little black book" on the rainbows local to Esquimalt, particularily on Thetis, Elk, and Langford lakes. If anyone can give me some baits/rigs or some flies that they like to eat, that would rock! Thanks!
  12. N

Elk Lake Derby: Looking for a partner

Not sure if anyone would be up for this, but is there anyone in the Elk lake bass derby willing to share their boat with me for the day? I dont mean me only use it, i mean like a angler co angler kind of thing. if anyone is interested let me know!
  13. N

Prospect Lake

Hey all, is prospect lake worth having a look at this time of year?
  14. N

Good Fishing near Esquimalt

Hey all, i'm new to the area, and im looking for some places to go fishing, that will yield decent results, that are fairly close to CFB Esquimalt! I've already been to Elk lake without any luck (Early March) and i'm heading to Thetis lake tomorrow for the day. Any recommendations on locations...
Back