Search results

1. Big_Shank

Anybody else irritated with the DFO?

Long story short, I am invited on a fishing trip tomorrow, and went to go grab a new license. I get to canadian tire where they inform me they no longer issue licenses, and it is all only online now. Thats fine. Except just now, I fill out all of the required info on the license app, only to...
  2. Big_Shank

WiseBuys colwood forcefully closed?

I just went there to pick up some hooks and things and the lights are all off, it's locked up solid, and has a notice of lock change on the front door. Anyone know what's going on? I hope they aren't closed for good...
  3. Big_Shank

Lizard Lake Port Renfrew

I'm taking the family up to lizard lake next weekend for a camping trip. I will be trolling in my kayak for trout but was also wondering about salmon. I know they are in there sometimes, I've seen them jumping at sunset/sunrise but I can not find any info in regs other than in the freshwater...
  4. Big_Shank

2016 Census Reminder?

Has anyone here received a Census Reminder in the mail, even after completing it already online? I'm not at all interested in wasting the time necessary to fill out all of those pages for a second time. Just wondering if this is happening to anybody else here? I'm putting "return to sender...
  5. Big_Shank

We need bigger fines for dumping into streams

This is terrible. The fines need to be bigger for this kind of thing... http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/mushroom-farms-fined-for-mess-in-abbotsford-creeks-1.3557062
  6. Big_Shank

13' Tinny + two motors

This thing has just taken up space and collected dust for the last two years. I bought it off a good friend who upgraded to a larger boat a bit more suitable for the salt chuck, and I havent used it since buying it. Haven't got a truck or trailer to haul it so getting rid of it. It's a little...
  7. Big_Shank

Tidal flow maps

Does anyone here use any kind of tidal flow maps to predict the directions of currents during the changing tides? Example: I want to do some drifting from Sydney this Monday for flounder and Hali from Sidney down to James island and back. I know when low and high tides are, but I'm not sure...
Back