Search results

1. Dave S

1996 Arima Sea Explorer 16’

Done fishing off my own boat for now. Going to focus on other things and don’t like looking at it sit in the driveway.
  2. Dave S

1996 Arima Sea Explorer 16’

SOLD. 2006 Yamaha 60 hp power. Low hours. Custom Aluminum skip top. No wood stringers equals no rot. Very fuel efficient. Front cuddy can sleep 2. Biggest little boat out there. Wide and Stable boat. Handles rough water well. Lowrance elite 5 with maps. Samsung tablet with Navionics plus as...
  3. Dave S

Daiwa Sealine X 20SHV SOLD

SOLD See link for contact info and more details. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Daiwa-Sealine-X-20-SHV_28377888?preview=edit&new=true&posted
  4. Dave S

Scotty red stopper beads

Do you have the updated pulleys that have the plastic housing that prevents line from jumping off the pulley?
  5. Dave S

Thawing and re packaging/freezing salmon.

Reciprocating saw with a new blade and a helper to hold the fish while you cut it. I've done it and it worked great. Don't recommend thawing and re-freezing.
  6. Dave S

Useful misc boating, camping, fishing tips

This stuff cut to 2-3" for rod wraps.
  7. Dave S

Dummy Flashers with spoons and plugs

I use 4-5' of gangion between 11" flasher and ball. Then run release clip 4'-5' up with a long release clip. Clip on about 3' above the swivel
  8. Dave S

2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Spent a couple hours on the water yesterday with my mom and dad on the boat. Went away from the pack off a point near metchosin. Stumbled across this coho. Biggest I have ever caught. Was looking for springs but I'll settle for this hatch. It hit at about 65' while I was dropping the gear. 130'...
  9. Dave S

Anyone into freediving / spearfishing in Vic / Saanich / Sidney area?

Go chat with guys at hto surf shop. They are really into it.
  10. Dave S

WTB : 75-90hp outboard

Prefer a Yamaha but will consider other brands. Only interested in 4 strokes. Low hours and fuel injection would be ideal, but not necessary. Located in Victoria. 250-893-8367. Thanks Dave
  11. Dave S

Looking for GPS Plotter (used)

My Samsung tablet has built in gps. It does not have any cellular connection or data plan. It doesn't seem to have any issues with accuracy. When I compare it with my lowrance elite 5, it shows way more detail and responds as quick.
  12. Dave S

Looking for GPS Plotter (used)

I just bought a Samsung tab 2 10" tablet. Purchased navionics for it, downloaded the charts for my area, then got an extra power cord to live on the boat (plugs into 12v usb plug). Works great. Tablet does not have a data plan. Paid $80 for the tablet, $17 for the app, and $10 for an extra cord...
  13. Dave S

2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

I had some coho action today between cape Cockburn and orchard bay. No springs though. One at 60' one down deep. Both on 3.5 king fisher Irish cream.
  14. Dave S

Trophy Tyee reel repairs/parts etc

Agree with no luck. I got the new style trophy handles from Redl and used a dremel to create a countersink for the screw head that goes from inside of the spool and threads into a new handle post. Then handle slides over post.
  15. Dave S

2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Late report from the weekend. Had a campsite booked at Pedder Bay so Thursday afternoon I motored the boat over there and dropped a crab trap then decided to drop the lines before my ride showed up. Didn't take long before rod goes off. Scrappy fish with lots of energy to fight,and no flasher...
  16. Dave S

pressure cooking crab

Half cup of pepper?
  17. Dave S

advice hardtop

Not as nice as a custom welded top, but was in my price range. Just picked up some .050 aluminum and riveted it to my soft top frame, adding a few pieces to brace it. Installed snaps and a new piece of lexan for the front window. So clear and nice to look out of now. I'm in Victoria if you want...
  18. Dave S

LOWRANCE VHF Radio

Texting you now
Back