Search results

1. pinball90

18' Sangster renovation......input request

Ok everyone, I’m resurrecting this old thread....A little update on where I’m at here, and a little thought about the upcoming project...After getting this boat last spring, Wolf was sorta right, the condenser and the points were shot, but this engine is a 2.3L mercruiser 120. This little thing...
  2. pinball90

ISO running engine

Hey guys.....I'm on the hunt for a running engine for a 18ft Sangster...preferably a mercruiser 120. Anyone know where to find one in the mid-north Island??
  3. pinball90

1979 18ft sangster project boat

What does it have for power?
  4. pinball90

Uniden Marine Radio Help

If it were me, if grab a couple of amphenol connectors and add them into that 6 conductor cable. Just cut the cable and then start matching colours....
  5. pinball90

Scotty down rigger question

You can also check the auto stop switch, it's the little paddle that the stopper bead hist to shut it off, it could be clogged up with crap and staying open.
  6. pinball90

Trailer - Island to Lower Mainland

X2.....this is how we got my Sangster over to Protection Island, and subsequently, how we will get it back......
  7. pinball90

Thinking about building a dock

Just a thought, but have you looked into buying a used steel float from somewhere and just sheeting the deck with Cedar? Ive seen it done in some marinas before and it looks pretty sharp when finished. That might be a way to go if you're concerned with structural stability.....
  8. pinball90

I.S.O: kicker motor

Hi everyone, I'm searching for a kicker motor. Looking for 8-10 h.p, 4 stroke long shaft. Prefer electric start, and remote controls. I'm in Campbell River, but Willing to travel for the right deal. Thanks in advance.
  9. pinball90

Thanks for all the info guys, it looks like I've definitely got some research to do.....I'm optimistic that she's got some life left in her yet....
  10. pinball90

Thanks man, right now the hard deadline that I have set myself is Aug 8.....that's my annual pilgrimage to Moutcha Bay, and I'll be buggered if I'm missing that! As far as I'm concerned, I can make do with an ugly frankenboat for a season, provided that I can get the old girl running.
  11. pinball90

Thanks, I hope so.....I take out some old boys quite regularly, and I hope this rides a bit smoother than my beloved Hewes I had to give up!!! After much deliberation, I have come to the realization that I should just try to get this thing running. The bones are good, and the motor isn't seized...
  12. pinball90

Lowrance/p66 settings

I wouldn't run that sonar out of the water. Unfortunately for me, I did it once, forgot to shut it off when leaving the ramp..... Pavement 2' below it is a really hard ping on the transducer, and it can ruin it! If you can, go launch the boat and try it out somewhere that you have a decent idea...
  13. pinball90

well, here's what I'm starting with.....took a rubber hammer to the stringers, where I could get at them, and the transom, everything sounds good....the only dodgy bits I see right now, are the cribbing around that fuel tank. it wasn't sealed at all when it was installed. the exposed foam is...
  14. pinball90

Fav fishing tunes

15. pinball90

That's not too bad for a timeline..... I was thinking it would be around a month or so.....
  16. pinball90

Yeah thats just the way things go eh....one thing leads to another..... hopefully I'll end up with a stud of a boat by the end of it all though
  17. pinball90

What kind of turnaround time are you getting on your pod, and what are you getting built? are you getting a full hull extension or a step up style? kicker bracket? swim grid?
  18. pinball90

Thanks for the info, I'm heading down to look at it this weekend. Will have a much better idea of what I'm up against after that. I think I'll get a pod built as I think a custom fit will suit my needs better than trying to rework something else in.
Back