Search results

1. Oly1

Volvo Penta risers

A buddy has these brand new risers that came with his new Volvo Penta 4.3 crate motor. He needed the high risers and took these off prior to install. Risers are in Nanaimo but transport can be arranged. Oly
  2. Oly1

Volvo Penta risers

Hey a buddy asked me to put these on for sale here. They are brand new Volvo Penta risers for a 4.3 carbureted inboard. He needed the high risers for his boat. He bought the inboard motor brand new a couple years ago and it came with these risers which he took off before installing the engine...
  3. Oly1

Wall tent wood stove needed

A bit of a long shot but wondering if anyone has a larger wall tent wood stove laying around. Plans fell through on buying a new one (sold out the day before). I’m heading up north next week and looking to beg, borrow or steal one. If anyone know a friend not using theirs, please let me know. Oly
  4. Oly1

Kicker steering from inboard

Looking to put a rear station kicker only, steering station at the back of the Double Eagle. The boat has a 5.7 with a Volvo DP and a 15 HP Merc pro kicker. The kicker has a Panther steering ram and remote control. Works good but not ideal when trying to steer when solo. Would prefer a rear...
  5. Oly1

Situational awareness cameras for marine use

So I searched through a bunch of threads looking for some advise on the use of cameras for situational awareness on boats. Didn’t find much and was wondering if anyone else was using something like this. When I’m fishing on my back deck it’s hard to see forward. Not bad when there is not a lot...
  6. Oly1

Hardtop replacement on Double Eagle or Hourston

I was just wondering if anyone has reconfigured their hardtop on 22 to 26 Doubl Eagle or Hourston. Looking at possibly taking a rear sloping window hardtop command bridge and getting a custom hardtop made with forward sloping windows and deleting the command bridge. Also going to add 8 to 10...
  7. Oly1

Kerosene in diesel tank

Hey just wondering when someone puts kerosene in their deisel tank for their cabin heater, do they empty the deisel then fill with kerosene or just add kerosene to the mostly empty deisel tank. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to doing either. I have approximately 1\4 tank of diesel left...
  8. Oly1

Local trailer maintenance

Just wondering where the best local trailer maintenance outfits are on the island. I have a (new to me) dual axle E Z loader with all rollers holding a 20 foot Double Eagle. Some of the rollers need replacing (going to do all). Some of the aluminum cross bars have metal brackets holding them to...
  9. Oly1

What would you spend extra money on???

A quick quote from StormTrooper from another thread, awesome by the way.... Where you see the quote (QUOTE="StormTrooper, post: 892593, member: 8461"]lol...best humour to have graced my weary eyes in a long, long time. Che - you are 100% correct in verbalizing that you speak and feel a...
  10. Oly1

Running dual transducers on an NMEA 2000 system

A little off from the last topic of setting up a dual Lowrance system in the boat. A question arose while talking about setting a dual Lowrance chart plotter/finder setup system in our boat. Using the NMEA 2000 backbone with a Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp up front and a Lowrance HDS5 Gen 1 in the rear...
  11. Oly1

Accommodations in Winter Harbour

Hey just wondering if anyone knows where a few guys can stay in Winter Harbour. Looking at middle to end of July this summer. I heard the lodge closed down for accommodation. Don’t know if that’s totally true or not. Looking for accommodation or meals and accommodation. Any info would be...
  12. Oly1

Buying a boat in the states with no title in hand?

I came across some good info while perusing the craigslist adds down in Washington.https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/about-boats-trailers-vehicles/6451800652.html There was some really good info for someone interested in purchasing a used boat down there. I thought it might be helpful...
  13. Oly1

Sockeye hootchies

Looking at the Sockeye dummy flasher thread, I have seen many different ideas that people use for their hootchie hook setups. Some I have never really heard about before. What is everyone's go to Sockeye setup behind the flasher. Oly
  14. Oly1

Double Eagle 176 rebuild

I am in the planning stages of a total rebuild, transom, stringers, ( possibly a custom cabin hardtop) for the 17 1/2 foot Double Eagle. I am looking for a 2 piece windshield to start from. I am also looking for a hard top to use as a starting point. I would rather not have to build everything...
  15. Oly1

King crab traps

Does anyone go after king crabs up towards Kitimat/ Prince Rupert area. Wondering what kind of trap would be used or what modifications are done to the regular crab traps everyone uses to let the larger king crabs get into the traps. I have never caught a King crab, but know they are there...
  16. Oly1

8 to 9 foot oars

Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of oars for my 1448 flat bottom river runner. I need a set of 8 to 9 foot oars. Either wood , aluminum or composite, I'm not fussy. I would prefer a used set but would look at new if anyone knew a good place to get some. Thanks in advance. Oly
  17. Oly1

Wanted - Wall Tent and stove

Hi, just looking to see if anyone knows of a wall tent and stove for sale. I am looking for a size 12 x 14 or a 14 x 16 or something similar. I am not looking for a new one as the funds are not there for a new purchase. If anyone knows of a decent tent and or stove, please let me know...
  18. Oly1

Anchovies teaser heads

Well we're headed up to Winter Harbour just after the August long weekend. I am usually a gear fisherman and have used spoons and hootchies for the most part. I have been told that anchovies are being used a lot up there and am going to try them. My question is what teaser head (brand and...
  19. Oly1

Nice reasonable Bed and Breakfast around Victoria area

Hey I am sure that a lot of people know of a nice little B&B around the Victoria area. My wife and myself are heading down to the area for a couple days in early August and we were wondering where to stay. A nice B&B would be better than just getting a hotel. Does anyone have any personal...
  20. Oly1

A Very Unlikely Tyee

I guess I could have put this in the fishing reports section, but I don't think that many people are going to use this technique to try and catch a salmon, let alone a tyee. So my fishing buddy was fishing yesterday with his son. They launched out of Comox and we're heading towards Kitty...
Back