Search results

1. BCI

Axopar 28 or 37

Did you see this from last week in Bellingham area? https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/coast-guard-washington-state-ferry-crews-rescue-boaters-dogs/6EGE7SZABBDCFFSDFPUWUSLGPU/ Axopar 37... blew the front windows out... blood everywhere. Local waters...
  2. BCI

Driving an EV pickup

@sly_karma I would be curious to know if Tesla opening up their charging stations to Ford vehicles now in Canada and USA will help your 'on the go' or 'road trip' or 'towing' situations for your usage. I see today they opened it up, and I'm curious if the chargers are located in places that...
  3. BCI

1982 Ex DFO 24 foot double eagle

Ah I see you have a splitter to isolate the kicker for that purpose. That makes sense. Yeah lots of guys having good luck w/ the SeaStar system even though Merc says you can't do it...
  4. BCI

Autopilot on the main with the kicker tie-bar to the main will still use the Verado pump (at least the last few I did w/ twin V300s in the past did). Maybe it could turn a single without the Verado pump but I would worry about the pressures in the system. It's not like a normal SeaStar system...
  5. BCI

Boat looks good. Another thing you could do which would be cheaper than replacing the Merc power steering system, would be to put a solar system on the roof... That'll give you lots of power on decent days to help the battery system keep up. If I recall correctly I have one large panel on my...
  6. BCI

26 x 9.5 northwest aluminum craft Build

Great work @sudsy . Really nice to see the progress you are making in such a short time. Looks like you know what you're doing finishing this boat as you envision it. Congratulations to you!
  7. BCI

30 ft Commander

The secret is the 17 degree dead rise at transom. Very fuel efficient. Also why they could slap. The less the dead rise at the transom, the less the fuel needed to push the boat through the water in regular operation. As long as the hull isn't departing from the ocean at the transom, 17...
  8. BCI

30 ft Commander

While there isn't a 5.7L 320hp Merc here, this is some good data here including a 6.2L 320hp Merc and a 5.7L 320hp Volvo. We can interpolate between them as required. 1. https://www.boatgph.com/mercruiser/ 2. https://www.boatgph.com/volvo-penta/ In summary; Merc 6.2L 320 hp, 3000 rpm, 3500...
  9. BCI

30 ft Commander

Old rule of thumb; 4.3L 8gph at cruise. 5.0L 10gph at cruise. 5.7L 12-13gph at cruise. 7.4L 15-16gph at cruise. Cruise for the V8's is usually 3200-3500rpm. I have never had 4.3L so I can't tell you the cruise. Question is: what does the 30 Commander with twin 5.7L outdrives cruise at, at...
  10. BCI

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

We put a kicker with cockpit controls in the Albe. That worked great for salmon fishing. We didn't keep the Grady 330 or the Fountain 33SFC long enough to bother. Reasons; The Grady was underpowered (It was bought in 2002 when it first came out... with Yamaha F225s...) and the Fountain with...
  11. BCI

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I had a Grady 330 Express with the centre helm, as well as a Fountain 33SFC with the centre helm, and an Albemarle 315 Express with centre helm. Yes. I am a slow learner and did it three times before swearing off it. You really don't want a centre helm in an express for salmon fishing. It's...
  12. BCI

Heat Pump Questions

You can get real time usage, detailed historical etc., for a low cost using a monitor. I have the previous rainforest model, but BC Hydro seems to have a new provider... If I recall it was about $100 for the hardware... https://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/energy-management-trials/hydrohome.html
  13. BCI

Wanted Bunk Beds misc houshold items Vancouver / Lower Mainland for a sad situation

I have a nice coffee table if needed. Happy to donate to this cause. White gloss with black glass. Pick up in Kits.
  14. BCI

DILLON XL750 RELOADER with CASE FEEDER and 9mm kit $1200.00

Dillon XL750 with case feeder, and 9mm caliber kit installed. $1200.00. Comes with strong arm mount, cover, and additional roller handle.
  15. BCI

DAA Primer Pro Collator

Double Alpha Automated primer collator. $300. Kitsilano. Specs; https://fasttoys.net/ca/DAA-Primer-Pro-Collator/
  16. BCI

RCBS Chargemaster Lite $400

RCBS Chargemaster Lite Electronic powder dispenser / scale. With box. Used one weekend. $400.00 Product Features...
  17. BCI

5000 pieces clean 9mm Brass - Once fired. CAMDEX processed $400.00. Vancouver.

Box of 5000 pieces 9mm NATO once fired CAMDEX processed brass. Sealed box from Black Sheep. Camdex processed means: Checked for Berdan primers Checked for cracks Deprimed Primer pocket check Swaged primer pocket Full length resized Base resized Product Info here...
  18. BCI

10,000 Ginex Small Pistol Primers BNIB $750

10,000 primers for $750 cash. (Brand new in 2 x sealed bricks of 5000 pieces per brick).
  19. BCI

WTB: Originial shimano techniums

@brands51 - I have two brand new with price tags still on and plastic still over the cork. I bought a bunch of extras and so if you're interested lemme know. I'm in Kitsilano. Technetium TC4 Medium Heavy with slow action.
Back