Search results

1. fish brain

ISO 3500 pickup truck

I am looking for a new or low km 3500 / 350 to 5500 / 550 or equivalent, 4wd pickup to be used by a fire department as a snow plow and possible wildfire truck. I am also looking for pricing on: 8.5 ft plow 1.5 yard polymer spreader. New or lightly used. Class six skid unit. Minimum...
  2. fish brain

ISO R404a refrigerant

My son needs a couple of pounds of R404a refrigerant for his commercial cooler. He has a buddy that can do the work but doesn't have access to commercial gas. Does anyone have a few pounds to sell on the South Island?
  3. fish brain

1994-1997 Mercury 2 stroke Outboard repair manual

Hi all, As the title states, I have a 1994-1997 Mercury 2 stroke outboard repair manual for engines 75-275hp I also have a 1996 Mercury 150 2 stroke parts engine. I don't have a picture of the motor. But if you visualize a Merc 150 laying on a pallet, that's what the picture would look like...
  4. fish brain

Marine Engine Oil

How does marine engine oil differ from regular oil? Do I need to use it in my motor?
  5. fish brain

Getting parts from the us to Canada

My dad needs some kind of new nozzle for the furnace in his Land Yacht. He can only find one in the States. For some reason he feels that it can't cross the border because there is no CSA sticker on it??? Is this a thing? Surely there must be a way around it. Has anyone had this problem? What...
  6. fish brain

Anyone use a crossbow?

I'm considering trying crossbow hunting. What should I consider? I gather 50 yards to be a long shot 35-40 is optimum? Are there diffrent caliburs of crossbow? What do you recommend?
  7. fish brain

Anyone else having trouble sighting their target?

I was out for a hunt today with my trusty old 308 with Iron sights. Haven't used her in a few years. I had the opportunity to take a nice two point from about 150 yards. I couldn't see the #*#*#*g sights on the gun! I have another gun with a scope I can use, but I like to shoot open sights...
  8. fish brain

Port Renfrew or Sooke?

I will be taking my son and his girlfriend fishing for Coho this Saturday. I know the fishing is good in both places right now. I am looking for quality fish not just keepers. If you had the choice of either, which would you choose?
  9. fish brain

Before I go Re wiring things

I'm looking for some advice I run a couple of older Lowrance LCX112 plotters. I was going over the boat before a trip to Bamfield next week, and when I fired up my plotters one shut down after about a minute. I switched out the head for my spare thinking it was the head. I fired everything back...
  10. fish brain

Looking for a welder

Hi Yall, My Lincoln AC225 is starting to pack it in. It looks like it's time to upgrade the old machine. I'm thinking I am looking for a multi process unit. Most of my welding is fixing my broken farm equipment, building gates, and farm trailers. There has been many times when I have wanted to...
  11. fish brain

Pony express from Qualicum to Mill Bay or Duncan

Hello SFBC'ers I am looking to have some sawmill parts delivered from Qualicum to Duncan or Mill Bay, whichever is easier for the courier. The parts are un assembled and should fit in anything bigger than a motorcycle. I humbly offer a case of your favourite beer in exchange for your...
  12. fish brain

Thriftys Nacho Chips

Does anyone know who made the Thriftys Nacho Chips? They were by far my favourite nacho chip. I have tried every brand I can find, and for the most part, they are bland chips that taste like cardboard, and break when you dip them in salsa. I have a garden full of tomatoes and I want to make...
  13. fish brain

Trolling for Halibut

There has been a bit of chatter about trolling for halibut recently. I usually just drift for them, but often think that trolling would cover more ground. I have several questions: How do you set your cannon ball, do you drag it in the mud, or bring it up a ways? Do you loose many balls doing...
  14. fish brain

What is the best way to remove carpet glue?

I have a couple thousand square feet of retail space that needs to have the carpet glue scraped up after removing the old carpet. I’m thinking hot water might work? Do you guys have any suggestions that will save me a bunch of experimentation? Any advice would be appreciated
  15. fish brain

ACR question

I am considering installing a Blue Seas ACR on my boat. I am unclear if I would still need a battery isolator switch. I get that it separates the batteries whenever they are being charged, but does it stop them from drawing down when you are not operating?
  16. fish brain

Can I use my Navionics card in a diffrent GPS unit?

I'm considering switching mt electronics. Can I take the Navionics card from my Lowrance LCX-112 and use it in a Furuno unit?
  17. fish brain

Lets take DFO to court

DFO has basically shut down the south coast to salmon fishing. Some will argue that there are areas open to fish, but in reality for the majority of us we are sitting at home for most of the summer. April Fools has come and gone with promises of a decision coming soon. And yet we are all just...
  18. fish brain

Free Seed Potatoes-- Gone to a good home

Free Seed Potatoes in Mill Bay I have about five pounds of Norland potatoes One pound of Burbank Two pounds of Russet Ten pounds of purple
  19. fish brain

Surveyor in Nanaimo

I have a friend looking to buy a Striper in Nanaimo. Can anyone recommend a surveyor for him?
  20. fish brain

I bought a solar system today. Does that make me a space cadet?

I just put a deposit on a 17kw grid tie solar array for my house and barns. It will generate enough power to meet 100% of my yearly power consumption. I'm kind of excited. Who else is doing this?
Back