Search results

1. fish brain

Driving an EV pickup

You are right. But in the short term there are large numbers of people who list lack of infrastructure, and long charging times as one of the several reasons that they wouldn't purchase an EV.
  2. fish brain

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

This is a listing from 2019
  3. fish brain

Yamaha dual station help

It looks like the problem is solved. Apparently, you cant put the motor in and out of gear when it's not running, without the alarm going off. We splashed the boat today and took it for a test run. We still have a few issues to tune up, but the alarm issue is resolved.
  4. fish brain

Yamaha dual station help

I am helping a buddy change the throttle cable on his 2018 ish Yamaha 150s. After changing the cable we now have an alarm then we shift either binnacle.(left or right) We did take one of the front stations apart looking for adjustments before we changed the cable, and have fiddled with the...
  5. fish brain

Petition to the House of Commons

Why is this being sponsored by an MP from Alberta? Do we not have any MP's in BC who could bring this forward?
  6. fish brain

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

The Avalanche was a terrible design. It's almost like they don't want anyone to buy them.
  7. fish brain

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Garlic is pretty hardy. over the years I have missed the odd scape and wound up with volunteer garlic in places I didn't want it, I have dug them up and re planted them with no issues. Just use a fork and loosen at least 6" of soil so you get all the roots and transplant the same day.
  8. fish brain

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Red Russian is a hardneck variety that does well in our climate and stores well. It's been popular for some time. I believe I have been growing mine for at least 20 years.
  9. fish brain

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

Those are the "general guidelines" Form there you need to check the in season changes on the DFA (DFO) Fisheries Notices Page https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=fishery_search&ID=all&CFID=28567835&CFTOKEN=9c21a74939335b1a-5CA0624C-C6F2-B29F-13EEBE78300FF4EC Then sieve...
  10. fish brain

Boat Load Of Tackle (*SOLD*)

NOOOOO Don't dooooo iiittttt!!!!!! You will have another boat some day!
  11. fish brain

Yamaha 150 or Mercury 150

This is a Ford or Chevy. Braid or wire type of question. You are going to get all kinds of opinions about this. I would go with whichever dealer has the best service.
  12. fish brain

2024 Sidney Reports

It's either right now. I am not up on what DFO proposes for our April fools joke. I am assuming it will be similar to last year. Did you get the SportfishBC app? It really makes all the in season BS much easier to understand. Except for daily updates, it works off line, so you can keep track...
  13. fish brain

2024 Sidney Reports

All of area 18 is open for Chinook. 2 per day min 62 cm. Download the FishingBC app it's free easy to use and updated to the latest regulations changes right away. The DFO site is BS and unusable for the average person.
  14. fish brain

Tell Your Best Joke

It seems we are in the red box now.
  15. fish brain

9.9 yamaha high thrust $350

Where are you located?
  16. fish brain

IMPORTANT: Feb. 27 Fisheries Town Hall Mtg. in Langford

I am very much in support of all the groups putting this meeting on, and I still intend to go. But unless there is someone from DFO and the Ministers office is there to hear our thoughts, we might as well be speaking to the wind.
  17. fish brain

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

I'm not too smrt. Marinas have to sell E0 gas, but gas stations selling marked gas that will be used in boats do not? Is this what this says?
  18. fish brain

IMPORTANT: Feb. 27 Fisheries Town Hall Mtg. in Langford

I will be there. Will there be no representation from DFO?
  19. fish brain

Shell is closing all California hydrogen stations

I agree with pretty much everything you said. You articulated my chicken and egg conundrum well. With regards to fueling battery electric at home. I foresee a future where EV charger are metered and charged a different rate, or some other means of providing the income to provide the expanded...
  20. fish brain

Shell is closing all California hydrogen stations

Actually a hydrogen future is more possible than most people think. There are companies working on developing "White or Geological" Hydrogen, which has the potential to be a game changer. Now it will be a chicken and egg problem. We have the supply, but we have no market, We have no market...
Back