Search results

1. Rayvon

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

If your buying from Amazon and probably other places it comes in a tight roll in a box.I laid mine out flat for a couple of months with weights on top and it helped a lot.I read some recommendations to use a 3M spray glue as well as the self adhesive which I did after washing the deck down with...
  2. Rayvon

Refitted 78 Searay 22 SRV Podded w/twin 2015 Mercury 115 -4 Strokes and 2021 Tuff EOH trailer

Nope,still have the Grady 208 named "The Last Rayvon".
  3. Rayvon

Refitted 78 Searay 22 SRV Podded w/twin 2015 Mercury 115 -4 Strokes and 2021 Tuff EOH trailer

No more projects for me,I found out I'm a terrible estimater (time and materials) and getting too old and sore at the end of day. Brutus,the old dinged prop goes with the boat as a spare,new one on it now.I put more time and money into this one than ever before,should be good now for another 40...
  4. Rayvon

A forum member contacted me before I listed it on here and sale is now pending.He is soon to be a 2 boat owner again.
  5. Rayvon

This is my winter project boat that I bought from an estate sale.Previous owner had it for 30 years and only used it for 3 months yearly,barn kept.I've spent hundreds of hours and $9500+ in parts alone updating the interior etc.Selling at my cost,no labour.The motors were camp returns,lots of...
  6. Rayvon

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not enough H.P in that one for you. :)
  7. Rayvon

Fuse Holder Position

The last couple of boats I've had and my current project boat I mounted a fuse panel on the transom to run my downriggers and washdown pump.That way I know exactly where to replace the fuse in a hurry if necessary,it never has been. I don't like a lot of wires connected to the batteries.I had...
  8. Rayvon

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

First Hally trip today,87 and 113 at about 10:00.
  9. Rayvon

Finally

Nice boat,you won't believe the gas mileage you get with the Honda.
  10. Rayvon

That 208 Grady looks good.Not sure what year they changed to the curved windshield,but that boat looks the same as my 2008 model.
  11. Rayvon

$97,000 · 2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali - photo 7 of 8 How about this one ,lots of seating on this Pursuit,same price range.On "Used Vic".
  12. Rayvon

It's not hard to add 2 more seats in that Trophy,lots of guides use them.
  13. Rayvon

New Fuel Tank installation, pre 1980 Double Eagle 190.

Make a plywood piece the shape of your tank (V bottom) and use that to see how high your stringers need to be front and back.Probably only 1 or 2" high to give bottom clearance.
  14. Rayvon

Below waterline primer

You can actually,the wax comes to the surface to allow the gelcoat to cure without being sticky.You just need to wipe it down with acetone and sand before the next coat.I always buy unwaxed and add air dry (liquid wax) when needed,normally the last coat.This guy do's great video's for Total...
  15. Rayvon

I don't think you can go wrong at close to that price.It's practically new and will have easy resale for years.
  16. Rayvon

New Fuel Tank installation, pre 1980 Double Eagle 190.

You should try to support the length of the tank fore and aft with 2 stringers with the stern lower for the fuel pickup.Glassed in and gelcoated.A rubber piece on top is good but don't use any fasteners to hold it down,use Sikaflex.Your tank should fasten to the sides of your outside...
  17. Rayvon

Below waterline primer

That's more or less what I do.I drill out the holes to dry wood,countersink the holes,use a syringe to fill the hole w/epoxy ,tape over it so it doesn't run out,let set overnight.Epoxy and polyester don't like each other,so I grind about a 2" circle + or_ 1/8" deep and fiberglass till flush.Then...
  18. Rayvon

I've never heard of a 23 Bertram,so I think it's their 20 Ft. version with the euro transom added.Looks like a pro job on it. Years ago Canoe Cove had the molds for the 20 and 25 Bertrams.
  19. Rayvon

'98 Pursuit 2870 WA with trailer

I still have it and plan on keeping it till I have to go with you to get my fill of fishing addiction...:)
Back