Search results

1. Clint r

Downrigger not laying cable on spool evenly?

Here’s a new one for me. My cable (yes cable) started to pile up on my rigger unevenly. Looking at it side on its shaped like a mushroom. Lots of cable on the top half of the spool and about half as much on the bottom half. It gets to a point where the top just falls down into a bunch of loose...
  2. Clint r

Two motors charging two battery’s through one switch

Googled this but no definitive answer. My #1 battery is charged by my main engine and my kicker charges my fishfinder and downrigger battery. Main is position 1 and kicker is position 2 on disconnect switch. If i have disconnect in the #3 both battery position what happens if i left the main...
  3. Clint r

Lowrance hds5 SOLD.

SOLD. Comes with power cord and cover but no transducer and the bracket has been replaced with an aluminum one. Couple hundred bucks and I’ll ship for free. Or feel free to make an offer. Apologies for the dog hair on the buttons. SOLD
  4. Clint r

Wanted: lowrance gen2 structurescan black box

Kind of a rare bird these days but looking to buy a structurescan box for second gen hds10 non touch head unit.
  5. Clint r

Inside Scotty downrigger what is this called?

So first time in 10 years I’ve had a downrigger electrical issue. Putting 12v direct to motor makes it spin so it’s not that. Changed out relays because I had one laying around and same, so its not that. Leaves either the switch or this silver box. If I put power direct to either pole of the...
  6. Clint r

How cold is too cold?

Got a friends boat being dropped off to do a little work. That means I need to move mine out of the way. The thing is it’s -13 now and I’m leery of using tilt trim on my outboard when it’s this cold and after such an extended cold snap. Motors been stored in the down position since just before...
  7. Clint r

White Christmas or Green?

Well, looks like it’s shaping up to be the first Green Christmas I’ve seen in my home town In the 56 years I’ve lived here. Last year at this time we had a couple feet of snow and was -28. This year……nearly no snow and minus 4 here today. That’s after nearly two weeks of 0 at night and plus 5-6...
  8. Clint r

Hull liner/carpet

Thunder grey/charcoal hull liner. Exact same stuff used in Campion boats. 6’ wide by however long you want. $7.50 a running foot obo. A 6x20’ would be $150. Shipping available from Kelowna or can figure a way to get it to the lower mainland.
  9. Clint r

23’ mercury control cables

A pair of premium quality control cables for mercury. 23’ long. No kinks, no bends. Used, but function perfectly. $100 for the pair.
  10. Clint r

What do you call those cleats?

What are those sort of “U” shaped cleats on the bow of a boat called? The ones a dock line runs through from a cleat in the center of your bow. They’re an open cleat of some kind but I can’t seem to find them anywhere.
  11. Clint r

WTB Seastar hc5345 or hc5345 steering cylinder

Looking to buy a Seastar steering cylinder part# HC5345 or HC5345-3 to fit Honda 70/90 hp. Can pay cash or swap for a 6 rod stainless rocket launcher.
  12. Clint r

Anybody watch “fishing the North islands”?

Best fishing show ever. No sales pitches, no pushing $100k boats, not even any real dialogue. Just two native guys fishing Haida Gwaii.
  13. Clint r

Side effect of the west k fire

So contacted Portside Marine insurance to get the ball rolling on insurance for our boat. After much back and forth and many pictures of the refit I get asked the physical address where the boat is located. I give my home address. Recieved a response “due to wildfires in your area we are unable...
  14. Clint r

WTB Prop for BF90

Looking for a spare prop for my 2005 honda 90hp. Running a 14x19p now so same would be great. Or a 17p would be ok too. It’s for a spare so doesn’t need to be mint.
  15. Clint r

Torsion axle squeak. Is it normal?

So as good as my boat turned out the trailer is a different story. Squeak, squeak ,squeak over every lump and bump. It’s got a single torsion axle on it. First time I’ve ever had one and as nice as it rides, the noise it makes is driving me crazy. Is this normal? Google it and I get both yes...
  16. Clint r

Power cord for lowrance hds unit?

$75 online for a power cord to fit a lowrance HDS finder. Thought I’d check if anyone here has one before I break the bank for a piece of wire. Don’t know if it matters but I’m looking for one with a blue end. Thanks
  17. Clint r

Fishfinder, who’s got one?

I’m looking to upgrade from a ten year old lowrance. Anybody got something for sale? Would require receiving an etransfer and shipping to me in the okanagan
  18. Clint r

Rubber dinghy conditioner/protectants. What do you use?

What do you guys with small inflatables use to keep them soft and UV protected?
  19. Clint r

Cheaper than a pod….Porta Hydraulic Jack Plate with 17” setback

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD. Looking to sell or swap a powered hydraulic Jack plate. It’s got 17” setback and is built super heavy duty. It works as it should and lifts your engine straight up and down without changing the angle of trim. Could be used in place of a pod or on a bigger boat to lift your...
  20. Clint r

Small steering wheel for kicker

Where’s a guy find one of those tiny aluminum steering wheels for a rear steering station?
Back