Search results

1. FishDoc

2024 Ucluelet Reports

Little late with this one from last August... tried to post but the 2023 reports page is closed to further replies. Can't wait to get out on the salt this summer.
  2. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

https://youtu.be/0qwQ3AQ2zt4?feature=shared What Bait Works Best for Kokanee Ice Fishing, is the question I get very often, so I thought I would try out the three baits I had while fishing STUMP Lake near Merritt BC on this outing. I know guys are into their use of Corn, but I never use it...
  3. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

I was out last Thursday from about 7am till 10:30 am on Edith Lake, 11:30am till 2pm on Stump Lake and then headed over to Kane Valley Road for the last light bite. Plenty of good ice under foot still for safe ice travel. A little bit of shore melt started where people walk on the ice can be...
  4. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

Stump Lake British Columbia Ice Fishing for KOKANEE Salmon and Stocked Rainbow Trout after the Polar Vortex froze the lake. They may not be huge, but these land locked salmon are an iconic species in the North West for ice fishermen.What they lack in size, they make up with their high numbers...
  5. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

How to ice fish on a TOUGH WINTER TROUT BITE with deadstick and micro plastics from Certified Lucky Tackle.As winter continues through January into February, something changes in the trout ice fishing world.While some species bite steady through the winter, others bite best early ice.Trout such...
  6. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

Warning and Caution to anyone watching this early ice fishing video for brook trout! Do not attempt travel on thin ice under the recommended thickness of 4 inches for foot travel. Even though thinner ice may support you, ice is unpredictable. One step may feel fine, and the next, you are...
  7. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

How to be successful Ice Fishing Catching Stocked Rainbow Trout and Brook Trout even when the weather changes to a high pressure system causing fish to stop biting and changing behavior. DAY BREAK ICE FISHING! How often do you miss the bite window without knowing? Chances are, if you're an...
  8. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

Finally got my act together. Just could not motivate myself to get packed up this week and head to the ice. I thought I'd go Dec 4th and 5th... It turns out it took me to the 7th of December to actually get things together and head to the ice. I've been trying to edit a bunch of videos and get...
  9. FishDoc

2023 Ucluelet Reports

When I started salmon fishing it took me a whole season and a lot of looking before I caught my first Chinook. My first one came trolling the surf near Ucluelet during my second season. Years later I am still enjoying amazing chinook fishing around Ucluelet. Every year my understanding of the...
  10. FishDoc

Skinny Ice Brook Trout Fishing

Warning and Caution to anyone watching this early ice fishing video for brook trout! Do not attempt travel on thin ice under the recommended thickness of 4 inches for foot travel. Even though thinner ice may support you, ice is unpredictable. One step may feel fine, and the next, you are...
  11. FishDoc

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I love your flasher holders!
  12. FishDoc

Oh oh... that doesn't sound good.
  13. FishDoc

Haha... if it was a little 16 foot white and teal Spectrum hauling at 30mph... that was me. Unfortunately I didn't use this boat for a year. Think my switch on my light or wiring somewhere corroded... no good... lights out... need to do some rewiring this winter.
  14. FishDoc

Another late night post work run out to Sandheads for me. With evening meetings the next two evenings I'm not sure I'd make it out... they are Zoom meetings though, hehe... So looked at the forecast and decided to buzz out in my tinner solo again. Couldn't sell the kids on a bouncy ride...
  15. FishDoc

https://lurecharge.ca/products/black-diamond-spoon Found it.
  16. FishDoc

Haha... aquaholic... I didn't even think of that. What is the theory with the split rings? I know big fish can twist them open or break the hook off them. I know sometimes makes clicking sounds which fish don't like.... BUT. This is one of those gimmicky spoons and I can't recall the company...
  17. FishDoc

Got home from work and looked at the forecast. Seemed the wind was dead and whatever was supposed to rain would be past. So loaded up the 16 footer for a quick solo fish at Sandheads. Got out to the lighthouse and saw the whole area full of Seine netters... so I veered north of the...
  18. FishDoc

Haha... yeah my lucky numbers are 47, 55, 60,69,99. But it really is nice to have a newer color sonar and see the actual salmon arches they you can place your rigger depths at the top depth of the arch for the highest majority of fish you are seeing. If you are seeing bait balls. I try to...
  19. FishDoc

I just filleted the pink, then start it frying in butter lightly then dump in fresh onion, garden tomatoes, fresh crushed garlic with some salt pepper and herbs of choice. Let it Sautee a bit and done! Super flavorful and the fish is excellent too! I also have a garden for the side dish...
  20. FishDoc

Thanks... yeah I actually ment to post a week ago. I went out to sandheads the prior Tuesday afternoon before the opener. Was supposed to be nice but some lightning was happening out on the straight that day. Only about 3 or 4 boats out there. We were just fishing for pinks with pink squirts...
Back