Search results

1. S

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Im heading out tomorrow to try my luck
  2. S

Wanted: Shimano Technium 10’6 Mooching Rods

I have 2 older ones ive been using for salmon, one has the eyes you showed in the pic the other has stainless, i think each rod has one eye that needs to be fixed. besides that they are good to go, I bought brand new ones this year that were matching so they are extras for me know, PM if you are...
  3. S

Do you have a vacmaster? Quick question.

my vp230 is brand new and looks like yours does in your pic when vacuuming. I think your fine but could always keep monitoring it if you think your losing suction.
  4. S

I’m ready to upgrade to a chamber vacuum

Well a quick update, after a long back order from March. My Vp230 finally came in. I tried it on a pop can and it crushed it. So the vacuum is strong and can’t wait to try it out on some fish.
  5. S

Silver streak anchor belly line

I run mine to my back trailer hold-down, only been out about a dozen times but no issue yet with fraying. the clip dosent go completely smooth but I always give it a shot of gas to set my boat and get it to the front
  6. S

Scotty HP Digital Counters...They Keep Dying....

I bought my HP's new and have had them for 1 season, i have already replaced both counters and have to go get another one done again. So the "new" version isnt working either. that being said scotty was very good and fast about mailing me replacements. otherwise they are awesome downriggers and...
  7. S

Anyone successfully splice prawn line that can still be used through a ACE / Brutus prawn puller?

this is what i did and the long splice does work through my brutus
  8. S

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

cookstore has them in Ontario and halfords in Edmonton also stocks them. I'm ordering the vp230 from websturant because they are way cheaper coming from he states, I'm getting the machine and 3 cases of 1000 and 1qt oil for the price cookstore had it. bad thing is i have to wait until May for...
  9. S

jigging rod recommendation

I tried a luhr Jensen halibut rod for a season and was happy with it , enough so I bought a second one. $130 at cabelas.
  10. S

those look great, what is the biggest bag the vp320 will fit? 12x15”? Where did you purchase yours?
  11. S

Cedar lane is closed now. Closed 31 dec 2021. I’m ok with the price because it sounds like the quality/longevity of the product is there.
  12. S

After a few years using my food saver and realizing how much I use it for huntin,fishing and buying in bulk. I’ve decided to upgrade to a chamber vacuum. I was steering towards the VP215 as there are many threads of people happy with theirs. I stumbled upon a youtube video and it looks like they...
  13. S

Plug Re-Paints UV Edition

These all look great, thanks for posting up the process!
  14. S

Deepfryer what are you using

I don’t usually cook for more then 5 unless family is visiting. I do precook my fries. About 70% done then next batch do when it comes to feeding people I just finish them off. I have never tried in a Dutch oven. Do they work on flat top electric ranges. I have to go look but I think mine might...
  15. S

Deepfryer what are you using

Well I’m back in the market for a deepfryer. I like to do beer battered fish and chips so I’d prefer a large single vs dual. Just wondering what everyone has that they like or any I should stay away from. If you remember what store sold it, that would help too.
  16. S

TR3 issues

3 seasons now on my tr3, no issues and I really enjoy it. Lifetime warranty on the TR3 id get them looked at if your having issues.
  17. S

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

got offshore yesterday and managed one small hali, we were anchored but didnt fish to long as some of the crew members were feeling a bit green lol, switched to lingcod and managed 4 nice ones 9-12lbs and a few under. finished the day trolling bamfield wall and got into a 14lbs and a few...
  18. S

2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

8lbs and 14lbs for my boat today. Yesterday was just a shaker. Still early I figure
  19. S

ill be fishing the inlet and if weather permits bamfield and offshore, starting tomorrow and fishing all week, ill try to get some reports out, what channel will you be on?
  20. S

Thanks im going to check out that app. very interesting that you prefer trolling. I grew up fishing Sooke and I think majority anchor. But I will have to give it a try. Hopefully will be able to get out this next week and report back how we do.
Back