Search results

1. floored

2023 Sooke Reports

Pedder Bay resort & marina. They don't take reservations so during busy season, get there before they open (8am). We got there at 7:30 and were the 5th in line, but it sounds like some busy days you need to get there between 6 and 6:30. Also, check the weather because they will restrict where...
  2. floored

2023 Sooke Reports

Yesterday, my son and I rented a boat out of Pedder, and while it was harder to work than our old boat, we would do it again. We didn't see many rods being worked out there yesterday, only saw 2 or 3 nets pulled out, and everyone seemed to be searching as nobody repeated a tack. Given that, we...
  3. floored

2023 Sooke Reports

Hey, my son and I are thinking of trying to rent a boat (we sold ours years ago when the Gov f...ed the fishing in our area) out of Pedder Bay tomorrow and/or Monday, and I'm hoping for some advice (etiquette [any different tactics/loops in the area?], where to start [Pedder, Rocky Pt, Race...
  4. floored

Advice on first boat

Can't say that I know much about it, but way back when I was looking, I was cautioned that the trailer can be the hardest thing to import.
  5. floored

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html
  6. floored

Well done. Sorry about your rod.
  7. floored

Well, many use 10 weights for Tarpon, so I'm guessing a 20 weight would be good for.......Blue Whales? And since locally in the salt, most are running 8 to 10s (if there's a chance of hitting a Spring), I'd say Mayday's story is very plausible. As for the hooks, well....they work for very big...
  8. floored

2017 Pender Bluffs

I got to the Bluffs in time to see the whales cleaning it out. (7-ish) Stubbornly, I tried everything I had an in the hopes that the whales had been seal eaters,.....they weren't. Once the morning flood was done, I trolled down south, pulled, and went for a break at Poets. After re-energizing...
  9. floored

2017 Pender Bluffs

I was sent a pic of a 40 lber that was caught off the Bluffs yesterday. Sadly no details on depth, etc...
  10. floored

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Farging bastiges! Sorry for your loss.
  11. floored

2017 Pender Bluffs

Anybody out having any luck? I went out Tuesday about 11-ish, but just missed the bite after a rookie tied the ramp up forever. As I arrived I got to watch some Americans land a nice one, and a few others play with little stuff, but then nothing. Finallly around 3:30 I started marking lots of...
  12. floored

https://www.windy.com/?49.155,-123.159,10,m:e0VacJR
  13. floored

DFO Fishing Survey

Ahhhhh........... it all makes sense now. ;)
  14. floored

Nitnat Lake?

Ditto
  15. floored

2017 Pender Bluffs

The wife and I went out for the evening "bite" that never showed. Got a pink not long after we arrived, and then eventually landed a "Monster"..... It popped the pin at 150ft, and when I set into it, I could barely move it. Apart from the odd little headshake, it didn't run either. So the wife...
  16. floored

DFO Fishing Survey

Well, at least I feel a little better. I'd still like to know why I know so many people that have never had to do it. I mean seriously, shouldn't our names be taken out of the hat until everyone has had the pleasure?
  17. floored

HALIBUT CLOSURE

So if DFO is so concerned about the fisheries, why are they doing this back east; http://fisherynation.com/archives/62859 Shouldn't they have closed it long ago, like Alaska?
  18. floored

DFO Fishing Survey

Anyone else get "randomly picked" for the September survey? Somehow, I get "randomly picked" every year. Normally I don't care (glad to help and all), but this year it's a bit onerous. Have a look at what needs to be tracked this year...
  19. floored

We came over from Salt Spring, and were surprised to find it got rougher the closer to home we got. The Straight was beautiful, Trincomali was chippy, and then Captain's Passage & Ganges Harbour were a pain in the a**. Of course those conditions were exacerbated by the Big Cruisers laying up...
  20. floored

2017 Pender Bluffs

A friend also landed one today at the Bluffs. They seem to be turning up everywhere.
Back