Search results

1. P

iPad With GPS for Navigation

I'm thinking of getting an iPad with internal gps and wondering about a few things: 1. Is the Navionics system the best for navigation? 2. Is it possible or necessary to add an external gps antennae? 3. Can I charge the iPad using my boat's 12 volt system? If so, what would be needed? Any...
  2. P

Transport Canada Killer Whale Survey

Completing this survey is probably a waste of time but, for anyone who wants to vent about area closures etc, Transport Canada is conducting a survey on the impact of recent killer whale "protection" measures. The link is www.quicktapsurvey.com.
  3. P

Fish Processing or Drop-off Locations on North Island

Does anyone know of any facilities on the north Island between Campbell River and Port Hardy where you can deliver your catch for processing or freezing for later pickup? I am thinking of fishing in the lower Queen Charlotte Strait, Broughton Archipelago and Knight Inlet area and would like to...
  4. P

Reported Fishing Depths

Just wondering what everybody means when they report a fishing depth i.e. is it the downrigger depth reading or an actual depth (downrigger reading corrected for the estimated angle of slant). It would also help if the downrigger weight was identified. I usually use 8# or 10# weights but 15#...
  5. P

Prawning in Saanich Inlet

Would anyone like to share some of the choice locations in Saanich Inlet for prawn fishing? How about Satellite Chanel or anywhere else in the south of Saltspring area?
Back