Search results

1. P

Zebellos August 2024, What can you tell me about it?

Is the road to Tahsis fully paved now?
  2. P

iPad With GPS for Navigation

I'm thinking of getting an iPad with internal gps and wondering about a few things: 1. Is the Navionics system the best for navigation? 2. Is it possible or necessary to add an external gps antennae? 3. Can I charge the iPad using my boat's 12 volt system? If so, what would be needed? Any...
  3. P

boat trailer actuator

Does the problem persist even when you re-locate the locking pin? I have a brake lockup problem when reversing unless I re-locate the locking pin on my surge brakes.
  4. P

Clip leader to spoon?

What about doing the same with plugs?
  5. P

Outboard lower unit leaking, am I grasping at straws here?

Another possibility might be Dean's Marine in Duncan. Worth a phone call anyway.
  6. P

Transport Canada Killer Whale Survey

Completing this survey is probably a waste of time but, for anyone who wants to vent about area closures etc, Transport Canada is conducting a survey on the impact of recent killer whale "protection" measures. The link is www.quicktapsurvey.com.
  7. P

Fish Processing or Drop-off Locations on North Island

How are possession limits applied if you have your catch processed into smoked chunks? How many "chunks" equal one fish?
  8. P

Fish Processing or Drop-off Locations on North Island

Does anyone know of any facilities on the north Island between Campbell River and Port Hardy where you can deliver your catch for processing or freezing for later pickup? I am thinking of fishing in the lower Queen Charlotte Strait, Broughton Archipelago and Knight Inlet area and would like to...
  9. P

Esperanza newbie question

I haven't traveled the Zeballos road for many years but it will definitely give you the shortest boat run and in sheltered water. You will probably find most of the boats at Ferrer Point but you don't have to go that far. I have caught halibut and coho around Centre Island which is just out from...
  10. P

Where to move on vancouver island?

I have lived on Vancouver Island for the last 45 years - Campbell River, Black Creek and Cowichan Valley. Lots of good advice in these replies. So far as cost is concerned, the further north you go the more expensive. If you want a small acreage your budget would get you something in the...
  11. P

Reported Fishing Depths

Just wondering what everybody means when they report a fishing depth i.e. is it the downrigger depth reading or an actual depth (downrigger reading corrected for the estimated angle of slant). It would also help if the downrigger weight was identified. I usually use 8# or 10# weights but 15#...
  12. P

3 way fridge needed - camper

I have one (i.e. a 3 way) that has been sitting in my shop for the past 30 years. It was used for a couple of years when I had a camper but not since 1983. If you are still interested, let me know and I will check to make sure it still works properly and post a picture. I am in the Cowichan...
  13. P

2016 Campbell River Reports

Can anyone post an update for the Nodales Channel - Thurston Bay - Hall Point - Denham Bay area?
  14. P

Pender Bluffs

Crabs at Pender Bluffs Where do you set your crab pots in the Pender Bluffs area?
  15. P

Prawning in Saanich Inlet

Would anyone like to share some of the choice locations in Saanich Inlet for prawn fishing? How about Satellite Chanel or anywhere else in the south of Saltspring area?
  16. P

River's Inlet

I went 6 or 7 times in the late 90's and early 2000's. Travel times ranged from 3 to 6 hours in a 21'Outrage. From the dock at Hardy to the dock at Dawson's Landing. The 6 hour trip was quite rough. If you get started and it turns ugly you can stay in God's Pocket, just before you head north...
  17. P

Pender Bluffs

A little off topic but I am new to the area and thinking about setting my prawn traps while fishing the Bluffs. I launch at Cowichan Bay and am wondering about where to drop the traps between there and Pender Bluffs. Does anyone have any suggestions they are willing to share? Thanks.
Back