Search results

1. J

bow fishing

hey, im thinking of buying a bow to try and do some bowfishing, i just want to know if its legal here in bc and if anyone has done before. i cant seem to find anything in the regulations about it. i would be targeting carp at elk lake. thanks
  2. J

fishing slang definitions

This may seem stupid but as a somewhat novice to salt water fishing, I need some definitions for some words/abbreviations that Merriam Webster doesn't feel are important enough to put in their dictionary: chicken (doubt you guys mean the poultry), c and r, and line creep. Feel free to ask other...
  3. J

where does the water go at the waterfall in goldstream park?

im sure some of you have went to the "hidden" waterfall at goldstream park where you walk on a trail north until you reach a dried riverbed and a tunnel that goes under the highway, you go through the tunnel, and follow the riverbed until you reach a really tall waterfall. (if you havent, GO!)...
  4. J

25 pound braid for reel that can hold 8 pound mono?

im making a rod for fish in rivers for pinks, steel head, etc. and am wondering if you could put 25 pound braid onto a 8 pound reel or if 25 pound braid is even practical and if not, what should i use?
  5. J

Crayfish in beaver/elk lake?

im trying to "match the hatch" and im wondering if there are any crayfish in elk lake or anywhere on vancouver island for that matter
Back