Search results

1. Halilogger

2018 Campbell River Reports

Fished Sat & Sun, stacking rods 5 Sox in the boat on Saturday, lost a couple right beside the boat (sigh) had to work pretty hard, only 1 double header and landed both, 90’ was working well. Sunday very slow 1 double header landed both and picked up one more , 75’ for all 3 Hoping the long...
  2. Halilogger

Winter Harbour Report

So warm water is there, never seen water that colour, it's like a Aqua blue, and if you want to Tuna fish close to land I think you could, I heard some chatter on the radio about guys seeing some Tuna feeding.
  3. Halilogger

Winter Harbour Report

Back From Winter Harbour, whether was very good, limit in Hali's A 51 and a 30 were the hi lights of the six, various other ground fish. We managed 6 springs couple in the 20's the rest were teeners, we had to work for them, had the most luck on the outside of Cane fishing at 80' in around...
  4. Halilogger

Winter Harbour Report

I will be up there for the next three days, 25' Kingfisher, looks like we may need to go searching. Thanks for the not so good report, spring fever sounds like you got beat up a bit on the trip....hate the SE up there! Will monitor 68 & 16 give a shout if I've had any luck I'll let you know.
  5. Halilogger

99 225 Merc EFI

What are you replacing it with Cliff?
  6. Halilogger

How many hali did you actually take in 2013?

17 for the boat That was 4 west coast trips, had limits 2 out 4 trips 18 to 25 mostly 1 30 and 1 38 6 licenses Still have about 20lbs of filets left
  7. Halilogger

Boat Trailer Help/Advice Needed

Switched from drum to disc 3 years ago, other than regular greasing, I am just now doing a service on them. I launch 60+ times a year
  8. Halilogger

Winter Harbour 2013

Late report but here it is( 14&15 June ) Started out off of Lippy at the 220' we were on springs right off the bat. Had our six in 3 hours, lots of bites and a couple long range releases. Got our limit in Hali's and 8 lings by that time the 20knot SE was getting nasty. Day 2, limit in springs...
  9. Halilogger

Winter Harbour

Off to Winter Harbour on the 14&15 of this month, first trip of the year, excited to try my new HP down riggers. Spring Fever when's your first trip?
  10. Halilogger

Aluminum boat advise

Have a look at Legend boats in Chilliwack.
  11. Halilogger

Vancouver to Prince Rupert by boat

If you have a I pad or phone down load the Navonics App. You can figure out your distances, anchor spots and, great App.. Made the trip in a seiner a few times but it was a few years back now..
  12. Halilogger

what size inverter?

Good thing you have all those ponies on the back end , to help with all the extra weight.
  13. Halilogger

Browns Bay reports

Quote.......hey hali-- how did you make out at Plumper today? Anything? In 4 hrs fishing this AM I only saw one fish taken... Wasn't me, there is a 24' Ive seen around maybe it was him. Every time I have thought about going there has been lousy reports.
  14. Halilogger

H Kingfisher

I have a Honda 15hp for a kicker and for 3 years now it has been excellent!! Good choice with the Kingfisher, I agree with the fit and finish comment, although some of the close competitors are bringing up there game in that department. single versus twins, pro`s and cons to both, tough decision.
  15. Halilogger

Browns Bay reports

Did anyone hear why the Derby was pushed back a week« Although not great fishing now I``m fearful it`s better than we are going to see next weekend. I hope I`m wrong
  16. Halilogger

BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY, 11th Annual, October 26-27-28

Was at the Bear lake sort today ( just above Rock Bay ) saw several Seine boats cruising the straights and have 1 tied up to the booming grounds. whens the opening? sooner the better.
  17. Halilogger

Wooldridge 23' Super Sport Offshore PH "Boat Build"

I have a 26' Kingfisher 2004 Merc Saltwater 225hp I burn on the inside depending on conditions, load and water conditions 8-10 GPH. I'm sure the new motors are more efficient than mine.
  18. Halilogger

Tyler Boats Build!

Make sure you put good trim tabs on, do a little over kill on them there will be lots of weight in the back and they have been known to break. It is a very interesting design, it will have its pros and cons and i think with the majority of your fishing being fresh water it will be excellent...
  19. Halilogger

Questions Re. Trailer Bearing Replacement

Buddy of mine has those oil bearings, hasn't touched then in 4 years about 3000km. I kinda wish when i flipped over to disc I switched to those as well.
Back