Search results

1. Fisher_dude

Gateway trailer torsion axles

I popped my tires off my trailer yesterday to take them to get some new rubber installed and I noticed some play around the splined shaft of the torsion assembly. Does anyone have some input on these and whether or not it’s normal?
  2. Fisher_dude

West kelowna fire. I got room for your stuff

If anyone is being evacuated, I’ve got room for a trailer or 2 at my place in Lakeview heights.
  3. Fisher_dude

Anyone know how to change a bulb on a perko anchor light?

This is ridiculous. I know. But I can’t figure it out. I can unscrew the whole assembly but that doesn’t get me anywhere. I still can’t access the bulb.
  4. Fisher_dude

Qualified captain and OnslowBay boatworks build a boat

Pretty cool to see all the methods used to build this center console. If you wanna kill some time, give it a watch.
  5. Fisher_dude

Wtb: coyote sardine spoon 3.5-4

Yeah, I know I can buy some new but the shipping is worth more than the spoons for some reason. They look like this.
  6. Fisher_dude

Lowrance hds 9 carbon at cabelas. Today only. $1200

Figured I’d let you know. I think it’s an online deal only.
  7. Fisher_dude

Big Single J or big treble?

Experimenting with a new jig idea. I’ve got tons of stainless to work with and I’m running through some ideas. If it was up to you guys, would you run a big single offset J or a big treble on this?
  8. Fisher_dude

Anyone traveling from the Okanagan to Victoria area?

I have a custom gaff that I need delivered to a buddy in the Victoria area. I don’t trust a shipping company so figured I’d see if anyone on here is heading that direction any time soon.
  9. Fisher_dude

Boat show deals?

You guys gonna be having any deals through the boat show season?
  10. Fisher_dude

What deck boots is everyone wearing?

I’ve got a pair of Vikings that I’ve been wearing for a few years but they are super flat and my arches are killing me after a day on the water. I also sized them to small and they are way to tight with a pair of thicker socks.
  11. Fisher_dude

Okanagan lake reports 2023

Start the year off with a bang!
  12. Fisher_dude

Lowrance hds9 carbon at cabelas for 1199.99

Just wanted to let you know that they are on sale at cabelas online. It comes with a transducer as well.
  13. Fisher_dude

Sold please delete

Sold
  14. Fisher_dude

Interesting halibut bite

Check out 9:30 on the video. Just keeps coming back for more. I wonder if a circle hook would have made a difference but the fish never really took off.
  15. Fisher_dude

Avet hx4.2 acorn nut

I don’t have my reels yet and I’m curious as to what size the acorn nut is on the handle. Can anyone help me out? All the schematics that I look at just say “acorn nut” with no size.
  16. Fisher_dude

Adding pedestal seats in the back of the boat

So, the wife brought up the idea of having some extra seats under the overhang after seeing it on some fishing show I was watching. I’m debating on getting a couple seats and making some custom height pedestals so we can see up and over the gunnels and riggers. My gunnel height is 38” and we’d...
  17. Fisher_dude

HD boat ropes,

HD boat ropes are back up as the original person ghosted me the last time I tried to sell them. $70 each for the 18fters. They are 1.25” $40 for the 14fter @ 1” $25 for the 9fter @1” All rope is double braided nylon. The 18fters have eye protection. located in kelowna. Will ship on your dime...
  18. Fisher_dude

Sold

Sold
  19. Fisher_dude

Ukee fishin mid June

Wife and I will be spending 4 nights at a cottage in Ukee for our 10 year wedding anniversary from June 8-12. We honeymooned at the black rock so we decided to go back. Is it worth towing the boat from kelowna for a few days fishing or just get a charter? Seems like the typical salmon/hali...
  20. Fisher_dude

A different type of build thread

Last summer I was in Ukee fishing big bank with a couple friends in a buddies boat and we just about lost a rigger when the swivel base busted. That got the old brain working and I came up with Version 1 of my stainless swivel base. I pretty much copied as much of the Scotty mount as possible...
Back