Search results

1. M

cabin design names ?

Ha!) okay, flying isn't what I'm after, sounds like its a level down from a crows nest) Except when a search on boats.com filters for 'flybridge' and all that come up have control station on top of cabin And no particular filter for rear deck control station
  2. M

camper top costs ?

Looking at a few cuddy boats and wondering about the cost of adding a complete stand-up top with frame. Likely cost as much as the boat but would make it more suitable for our needs
  3. M

cabin design names ?

Looking for a boat and trying to sort for a style with rear deck area controls as well as in-cabin controls. I was told these are 'command' bridge as opposed to top 'flying' bridge type, but am finding top stations of various names. What should I be asking for?
  4. M

Bearing Buddy maintenance & grease level

Not exactly true. The Buddy adds a slight amount of pressure to the entire hub and spindle, keeping anything out front and rear. Inner seal is most susceptible to leakage with age, especially dropping a hot hub fresh off the highway into cold water at the launch Extra bearing heat may be a...
  5. M

Campion 542 Thoughts

So a 26' Toba would be a good buy, given the older vintage?
  6. M

Trailor axle and hub assembly in Vancouver

2000 does seem light. Damage may be the culprit but if the bearings are seating tight and straight, maybe incorrect nut torque is the issue ? Also bearing buddies are your friend when backing a trailer with hot hubs into the cold water
  7. M

High Tech Jigging

Having a newer 4 pc Rapala Magnum 11' that I am happy with , I am going to look at the same in 10 ' M/H rating Have used the Fenwick Eagle in the past when we just used what was at hand, but from the above recomendations, maybe stiffer will be better, trials to continue )
  8. M

High Tech Jigging

Thanks for this updated info. We used to jig as all we had to run in was a 14 ft tinner.
  9. M

Underwater Trout Attack Swim Jig

So you are just trolling those ? not jigging ?
  10. M

Kalamalka Lake Kokanee

Good fish Hit one like that off the mouth of Irish Creek , on a Kokanee Killer , no kidding )
  11. M

the sockeye in the stamp

care to share some details ? Thanks
  12. M

Flashers and dodgers for trout

Nailed a nice 4 lb'er in Osoyoos Lake , #1 dodger 48" behind 5 oz of lead. Timing was good , it had 2 3" minnows in
  13. M

Fresh water salmon

Slow fishing in the south end of Osoyoos lake , 3 in 3 hours Thurs a.m. . 2 & 3 lb'rs $20 rv site , $1 / L diesel , $16 Bacardi 151 @ d/f , overall a good but short fish'n trip 5 oz lead , #1 silver dodger , Macs Sockeye Cha-cha
  14. M

Campion Toba 26--Good or Not Good in rough seas?

Good info here thanks Have seen a couple for sale , and they seem lower priced than others in this size ? Anything else to watch for ?
  15. M

Fresh water salmon

Should be getting runs into the Interior soon Heard the nets are going in at OK Falls this week
Back