Search results

1. N

2023 Boat Surveyor - Ucluelet/Tofino

Does anyone know a boat surveyor in Ucluelet/Tofino area? Or know of one coming out this way before the end of March? I already contacted Woods Marine Consultants and they said they do surveys for a flat fee of $20/foot. Travel cost from Errington is about $300 round trip. They have taken...
  2. N

Cancelled - Wanted - Trailer for 14ft Inflatable

Update 2022-06-02: Cancelled. Found a trailer with a zodiac. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi All, I'm looking for a trailer for a 14ft Inflatable. Something in decent shape with ICBC papers. Some utility trailers will work also. I'm located in Ucluelet, but can go anywhere on the island...
  3. N

Wanted - Yamaha Fuel Management Gauge 6Y5-8350F-B0-00

Anyone out there have one of these gauges kicking around or know where I can get one? I'm looking for a working used gauge. Yamaha Fuel Management Gauge 6Y5-8350F-B0-00 Thank you Nez Location: Ucluelet
  4. N

Wanted - Tandem Axle Boat Trailer - Electric over Hydraulic Disk Brakes

EDIT: May 18th. Ended up buying a new trailer. Hi all, I'm looking for a Tandem Axle Boat Trailer. Needs to have Disk Brakes, Electric over Hydraulic. It is for my 23ft Glasply with estimated weight around 5500 with gear and fuel. Anywhere on Vancouver Island would be ideal. Please PM...
  5. N

Beacon / Cansure not insuring boats over 50 years old

I got a reminder from my insurance broker about my boat insurance coming up for renewal this month. Along with that came a notice from Beacon/Cansure stating they will no longer be insuring boats over 50 years old. "Notice of Non-Renewal for vessels built in 1971: As we no longer write vessels...
  6. N

Free JRC MKII 1500 Radar. For parts or repair. Ucluelet

**No Longer Available - GONE** I've got a JRC MKII 1500 Radar Head Unit, dome w/cable and power cable. Stopped working a couple months ago. Error on screen "bearing pulse error". Might just be the cable as it was spliced by PO. Got a new 3G instead of fixing it. Thought I'd post it for free...
  7. N

Advice on travelling and anchoring in Hesquiat harbour

Hi all, Myself and 3 buddies were planning to go up to Hesquiat from Tofino this week to camp for a few days, but the marine forecast is calling for 30 to 40 knot NW winds. I'm looking for some advice and have a few questions from anyone experienced in that area. Even if the advice is to keep...
  8. N

Prawn trap and current - Ucluelet area

Hey all, I'm new to the area and still a newbie at ocean fishing. I could use a few pointers on Prawning. I've dropped my trap a few times in Channels outside the Group Islands with success. Yesterday late afternoon I thought I would try a bit closer and dropped it in Felice Channel. This...
  9. N

Wanted - Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

I'm looking for a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI - Sounder/Plotter combo. Only really need head unit. I have the Elite 4 HDI and now need a bigger screen for the bigger boat. I'm located in Ucluelet, but am willing to pay for shipping if needed. I can also have a friend meet you if it's in Vancouver...
  10. N

Newbie question for buying my first real boat - motor and outdrive

I'm planning to buy what I consider my first real boat before Spring 2018. The more I search the more questions I have. I'm trying to get as educated as I can before pulling the trigger. It will be used for fishing and overnight discovery on the West coast of Vancouver Island. My target is a...
Back