Search results

1. J

Campbell River Pinks 2022

Figured I'd kick the tires on the pink run what's it like in the river, many started running up yet? Hoping to take my younger cousins out soon.
  2. J

VI Commercial Prawn Sales

Looking to pick up some prawns for mothers day anyone know if there is dockside sales going on in Nanaimo/Ladysmith or is French creek the closest?
  3. J

Yukon Charge

Nice decision lets hope it continues in BC with fish and wildlife. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-elk-hunter-fined-11k-1.6401721?fbclid=IwAR2nXK_TYUVn3ZCzQPCww6sKHuXL-2pQLsjMT1oYVVh2BYf4hd287aUlSAA
  4. J

Long time poacher STEER gets 6 months in jail

Maybe he will serve 1 month and get out for good behavior...
  5. J

New fine amounts for BC Sportfishing Regulations

DFO has been implemented new fine amounts in various pieces of legislation including the Fisheries Act and BC Sport Fishing Regs allowing for more ticketable offences with higher amounts instead of issuing appearance notices. i.e failing to comply with your license conditions ( keeping an over...
  6. J

2020 Nanaimo Reports

For those that don't know prawning off nanaimo now is a pulse fishery meaning its closed for the first half of the month and then open for the latter half of the month. see link https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/shellfish-coquillages-eng.html#prawn for more. Subareas 16-6, 16-7, 17-6...
  7. J

Tofino Offshore advice

Planning to go out with my friends from the 10-13th of August on their 23 ft grady white all of us do not know the Tofino area that well and since inside is closed I was looking for some advice on banks or points of interest to wash some lures. Hopefully the weather calms down by then as I do...
  8. J

wts: 10 ft welded aluminum spratley punt

Looking to offload my aluminium punt boat as it just does not get the use it deserves. I have a welded aluminum spratley boat which is a great little lake boat for those into fly fishing. It comes with wheels, oars, 30 lb thrust electric motor asking 2000. pm me if interested. boat is located in...
  9. J

10 ft Weldeld Aluminium Spratley fly fishing punt $2600

Looking to get rid of my much loved but rarely used fly fishing boat for lakes, it the is the 10 model spratley built at the life timer shop in Duncan. Comes with oars, oar locks, swivelling seat on a u bracket, electric 30lb thrust motor. Only used a handful of times the boat is 5 years old and...
  10. J

stamp river salmon fishing...any coho showing yet?

just curious if anyone has been out fishing coho in the stamp and if they are there in any numbers or is the water too low?
  11. J

sunshine coast gear and area reccomendations?

I am headed over to a friends cabin on the sunshine and we wanted to give salmon fishing a go over there I am not particularly familiar with the area so I was wondering if anyone could pass a long general islands/reefs or geographic locations we can try to troll up a spring or coho. What is the...
  12. J

Who else is going to the tofino derby this weekend?

Headed up to tuff city tomorrow for the derby supposed to be raining and blowing 25 to 30 the entire time...should be fun. Stay safe and be prepared everyone !
  13. J

kingfisher vs hewescraft vs north river which would you reccomend?

my dad is looking into getting a 17-20 ft welded aluminum and is considering the above mentioned brands of boat...was wondering if anyone has had experience with them or can pass along any tips or information I can pass along to my dad before he spends the big bucks! cheers, Juby
  14. J

favourite tomic plug colours for trout

I was just curious if anyone targeted trout with tomic plugs (especially the larger rainbows and cutties in cowichan/comox lakes) and what colours you find productive? I only use the skunk colour one but was wondering if the rainbow colour plug would work well or if they have a...
  15. J

any good lake/river fishing around rupert?

i am moving to prince rupert to teach and was just wondering if there is any good local lake or river fishing for steelhead. I am well aware of the skeena/terrace area but was just wondering if it is worthwhile to bring up my spey and bat casting rods or is most of the salmon fishing done on the...
  16. J

stamp river coho tips

im heading up to the stamp river to try my luck on catching some coho and was wondering what people use when they go for them do you just chuck a float and wool with pencil lead or do you try using a spoon or spinner? any tips are greatly appreciated! juby
  17. J

shawnigan lake bass help!

Hi there, I wanted to change things up and try for bass either fly fishing or just normal rod and gear. I have never really tried them before but I was going to take my girlfriend down to shawnigan for a day and just try and have some fun catch and release fishing for bass. I was wondering...
  18. J

new elk lake techniques

I know people have a lot of success fishing rapala and fly's but I am curious if anyone has tried fishing small tomic plugs, baitrix lures, or mini strip in elk with much success? I am just looking to try new methods on the lake. cheers
  19. J

MR2 Reels

I am looking to purchase some MR2 Reels dont have to be brand spanking new but must be in good shape. Just curious if anyone is looking to upgrade to mr3's or knows any one looking to sell?
  20. J

Qcl

I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to work there or go there for a vacation? My buddy has a job interview there and wanted to know if it was a sweet place to work for the summer?
Back