Search results

1. saanauk

Blue Fin Tuna in the San Juans!

Well who is going to be the first to catch one locally? https://nwsportsmanmag.com/bluefin-tuna-washes-up-on-orcas-islands-east-sound/
  2. saanauk

Targeting Black Cod

Just wondering if and how people are targeting Black Cod. I would like to give it a try and looking for some pointers. Thanks.
  3. saanauk

Fake Pacific Net and Twine website?

Anyone else come across this site that lists Islander TR3 reels for to good of a price. Looks the same as the legit PNT site but prices are crazy cheap. https://www.pacific-nettwine.com/islander-tr3-trolling-reel-rods-reels/
  4. saanauk

Speedi Sleeve size

Trying to figure out which speedi sleeve I need for my EZ Loader trailer spindle. The diameter is 2.11 inches by .56 inches wide. Rough estimate on size due to putting. Anyone familiar with these? Thanks.
  5. saanauk

Used commercial spoons

I have boxes of fishing gear and finally getting around to sorting some of it. Figure I would throw these on here before I tried somewhere like Ebay. Located in Bellingham WA so would have to ship if someone wanted on the north side of the border. Shipping not included. 45+ spoons $50 USD obo...
  6. saanauk

Hardy LRH Lightweight fly reel

I don’t know anything about fly fishing gear but found this in a box of older fishing tackle. I took it to Highwater Tackle a few years ago and they valued it at $250 USD. Looking to get $200 USD obo for it. Reel is located in Bellingham WA so would have to be shipped if someone on the north...
  7. saanauk

Special Permit granted to Duncaby and Good Hope

Heard rumors there was a “confidential” permit granted to the two lodges to allow them to fish the closed fishing area at Rivers Inlet. Surprised this doesn’t have to be public information. Anyone know more details?
  8. saanauk

WTB Hardy Longstone Reel

Looking to buy another Longstone or two. Looking for reels in decent shape but would consider reels missing parts as I have tons of spare parts. Would require shipping (that I would pay) to just across the border to Bellingham as the border opening anytime soon doesn’t look optimistic...
  9. saanauk

Cleaning old spoons

Came across a 5 gallon bucket of old fishing gear that I could not pass up. There are a bunch of older spoons but they are pretty tarnished. What is the best way to clean them up. Photo of a few.
  10. saanauk

Good deal on Honda 250’s

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/honda-bf250d’s-for-sale.739781/
  11. saanauk

21’ Wooldridge boat top replacement

Looking to get a new top for our boat. Current top is one from Bentley’s in Oregon. Hoping to find a place on Vancouver Island so I don’t have to pay for two ferry trips and the long drive to Portland a couple times. Looking for new frame, snaps on windshield for top, and new canvas. Any...
  12. saanauk

Solar Panels mounted on boat

Who has mounted solar panels on their boat, cost, and how was the install? Thinking about adding to my hard top on my 24’ SeaSport.
  13. saanauk

Can someone share how to make smoked canned salmon

Anyone willing to share how to make smoked canned salmon strips? Have not been able to find directions. Looking for something like this:
  14. saanauk

Lure Patent

Do fishing lures get patented? Seem like similar items are made all the time and was curious. Lots of flashers are similar and multiple companies make similar anchovy heads. If a person were to acquire stamps or dies for a lure that has long been out of production could a person just start...
  15. saanauk

Places to stay in the Gulf Islands that have a dock

Hey looking to do a 6-7 day boat trip with two families. Looking for options of places to stay that have docks we can boat to. Was looking at Poets Cove but it may be booked up for the time frame we have. Used to go to Fulford but have heard the marina is not there anymore. We have two 24’...
  16. saanauk

Tahsis dive trip 2019

Just did my first trip up to Tahsis for the year. Spent a couple days diving. There was a lot of fresh water run off so visibility was not a good as previous trips but still pretty decent at 30-40 ft. Got a new to me camera and still getting it dialed in but got a couple decent photos. Ling...
  17. saanauk

Shimano Mooching Reel Drag Replacement

Well with half a dozen Shimano mooching reels I finally got tired of the drags not working well. So I orders carbon fiber washers from http://smoothdrag.com-u.us/ Each set cost $6.50 USD and the shipping is inexpensive in the states. Not sure about the cost to Canada. I also used Cals light...
  18. saanauk

Tahsis Dive Trip

Did a quick trip up to Tahsis for a dive trip. One of my buddies put together this short video. Weather was amazing with lots of whale and bear activity.
  19. saanauk

34-40’ Boat Rental

Thinking about doing a cruising trip next summer to Desolation Sound or sonwhere like that. Anyone ever rented a boat for a trip like that? Thinking about a week or ten days. Looks like there are several places that charter boats in the desired size. My Seasport is fine for a couple of guys...
  20. saanauk

Need help shattered Diamond seaglaze front windo

Hey had one of the windows shatter on my Seasport driving to the ferry. Anywhere I could get it fixed today between Duke Point and Port Hardy? Anything would be helpful. Trip planned to Milbanke and don’t want to go with a shattered front window. Thanks Gabe
Back