Search results

1. Matsutake

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Thanks for the report! I’ll be at Harbouside in my tinnie on the 19th. Doing the solo thing as well, can’t wait.
  2. Matsutake

Good deal? Or not….

Fella here in Edmonton.
  3. Matsutake

Good deal? Or not….

Just want to throw this out… Have an opportunity to pick up a Trevala TVC 60h2 jigging rod and a shimano Torium 30 hg. Asking is $330 total. Good shape, torium is fully spooled w/100lb braid. Opinions? Thanks guys!
  4. Matsutake

Navionics: Helix 5 version vs phone app

Really don’t know. Bought the unit, dropped in the chip and noticed a big difference between the two versions. Is there a special process to download the sonar chart? Extra cost? Thanks
  5. Matsutake

Bought last summer, haven’t updated the chip. What’s the process? Thanks!
  6. Matsutake

Anyone have the same issue?…. Phone version has waaay better contouring detail than the version in my Helix 5 w/Navionics chip. Is there anything to do about it or c’est la vie? Thanks!
  7. Matsutake

2022 Ucluelet Reports

Oh man just had a nightmare flashback of my trip and drop of a rare hali I picked up out of Bamfield. Uugghh!!!
  8. Matsutake

2022 Winter Harbour Reports

What’s happening up there people, heading up end of Aug beginning September. Coho party by then?
  9. Matsutake

Coal harbour to Winter harbour

Thanks a ton guys. Hopefully see some of you out there end of August. Still a few springs to be had at that time?
  10. Matsutake

Coal harbour to Winter harbour

Looking to avoid driving the road out. Wondering about running my 16ft tinny from Coal harbour to Winter harbour. I move along at about 30 km/hr. So, morning is best? Any times to avoid? Any thoughts are much appreciated.
  11. Matsutake

2022 Winter Harbour Reports

Go slow, bring spares. Closest hotspot is the lighthouse, all others listed in previous posts will get you fish.
  12. Matsutake

Braid # for spinning reel set up

Hey guys, bringing the lady out to Bamfield this summer, first time West coast experience for her. She's familiar with basic spinning gear for bass and walleye so I thought I'd set up a large capacity spinning rig for her to use early on. Question is...what pound test to use and should I use a...
  13. Matsutake

Winter Harbour....... sad news

Aw crap. I've stayed at the marina a couple times, Mike was the best. Damn, very sorry to hear this.
  14. Matsutake

WTF is wrong with this trout

C'mon, those are steelhead. Says so right on the package so it must be true.
  15. Matsutake

Van for boat launching

Well, looking at awd for sure but hard to find.
  16. Matsutake

Van for boat launching

Hey guys, Thinking of getting a van for camping/fishing trips etc. I own a 16 ft bares bones aluminum boat. Would I have much trouble launching/loading with a van? In general. I know tides and ramp conditions play a big part. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
  17. Matsutake

Using main as a rudder?

I troll with my 25 merc and have a 2 hp Honda as emergency power. No problems at all, love the 25 for trolling.
  18. Matsutake

Solo, how do you fight your fish?

Thanks guys, great tips here. It's going to be fun comparing different style boats, tiller or console, no idea what it will be yet but definitely leaning to a welded aluminum.
  19. Matsutake

Solo, how do you fight your fish?

So I mention in the 'boats, motors, trailers' section I am looking to upgrade form my leaky riveted 16 ft boat to something a bit sturdier. I do a ton of my fishing solo and I really like fishing in a tiller boat for ease of control when you have a fish on. I previously had a 18.5 double eagle...
  20. Matsutake

2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Spent a couple of days out there, 27-29th. A bit slow. Broke a rod and lost a bunch of gear chasing lings, picked a couple of keepers. Seemed slow for salmon especially Thursday. Once again I realize my 16 ft Lund style is a tad small for WH. Works great in Bamfield going up and down the wall...
Back