Search results

1. T

Halibut opening

Many strange things happening. Perhaps if this whole thing boils down to money we the sport people just need to get with the times and cough it up? Saltwater licences are virtually free. The govt doesn't make much money off us sportfishers directly. Do they make anything off the commercial...
  2. T

50 lb Halibut Max... what other new regs coming?

Talking with my 2018 charter captain the other day, he sez halibut limit has shrunk... :( That sucks. Like really... going from how many Hali's a year to 3 real ones plus 3 babies and now this? He also said ZERO yelloweyes... :mad: I hear rumours up north that no Chinook limit??? :eek: But...
  3. T

Southeast Alaska is shutting down their chinook fisheries...gulp

$250 for a licence might seem steep to people who have been getting their licences for essentially nothing, truly $28 is like getting a licence for free. What's a $100? Its nothing, pocket change, a nice supper in a decent restaurant without drinks. $200 is going out for supper twice without...
  4. T

Southeast Alaska is shutting down their chinook fisheries...gulp

Here's some more food for thought... Currently a resident saltwater licence is a mere $28 or something. The most recent stats I could fine was a number from 2005, 275,000 saltwater licences sold. At the same number = a whopping $7.7 Million. What will you get done with that? Obviously...
  5. T

Rockfish Fishers: Effective Deepwater Release Technique

So ya, old news to many, I just bought my licence and went on a charter recently and heard the bad news... Nasty new regulations for the rockfish fishers in all of us... 3 rockfish/day this year and only one yelloweye... that's very mean considering the longliners out there mass annihilating the...
  6. T

Skeena Sockeye

I guess we have a better idea now. Looks good according to the DFO numbers this year, already more fish in the river so far this year than the total last year and it just started! To bad the rules arent like in Alaska that when the run is so big they up the daily and possession limits. Would be...
  7. T

Catching a Chinook near Terrace

Plenty of chinook are caught right in town on Ferry Island. Truly its as good as any place right now cuz the big run going upstream of town is on at the moment. You see all the flossers on the upstream side of the bridge and on the other side of the bridge is where all the plunkers are. Don't...
  8. T

Skeena Sockeye

Hey all, I am brand new here. Glad I found this site. Anyways, question of the day... what is the sockeye run anticipated to be this year on the Skeena? So sad last year made the long trek and bought all kinds of gear but no bag limit last year, and here I was certain they were just joking and...
Back