Search results

1. michael_reiber

Sighting in a rifle

Hey guys not sure how many of you are into shooting but figured it would be worth a shot! I am just getting into it started out with a 12 gauge for clays and a .22 and a sks just all for fun shooting. I got my core this year and have started to try to get into hunting. I just picked up a 30-06 2...
  2. michael_reiber

Bamfield Tuna-Shootout 2020

Hey guys, looking for some insight from some of you seasoned veterans on this derby. We are fishing out of a 20foot podded double eagle which we used for tuna last year, our main issue is were limited to about 20 fish. What are guys doing for ice and care of there catch? We are just in the...
  3. michael_reiber

Free Halibut Rods

Free to a good home! We have 2, these are nothing special but they were our first ever halibut rods. They're in great shape and we were just going to take them to the dump but thought I would post it up first! They're super stiff like you can hardly notice a bite compared to the more sensitive...
  4. michael_reiber

Striper 2301 and 2601 ride quality vs Double Eagle and Gradys

Hey guys looking for some honest reviews here from people who have been in these boats in rough weather and also been on lots of other boats to compare them too. We currently run a podded 20' Double Eagle which is amazing in rough weather, most rough days if any other boat is offshore we are...
  5. michael_reiber

Back-Trolling

Hey guys looking for some of your opinions on this subject as I know a lot of us do back troll including me (but try to avoid it at all costs). Im curious as to the longterm effects this has on our outboards. For us we mainly do this when lingcod fishing as we anchor when halibut fishing. When...
  6. michael_reiber

Transducer help!

Hey guys just wondering if anyone is fairly knowledgable with transducers and mounting ( Ive attached a few photos). The Transducer where it is currently mounted works well only when your trolling or moving slow. It also won't track bottom after about 400 feet. I hear of a lot of guys that the...
  7. michael_reiber

WANTED: Boat trailer for 12’ aluminum

Hey guys, I’m searching for a decent trailer for a 12’ aluminum boat I picked up. Must be galvanized and must have proper registration no ubuilt. If anyone is selling one or sees one for sale if you could let me know that would be great! Cheers, Michael
  8. michael_reiber

2006 Honda 15hp

Hey guys got a question I'm hoping someone may have the answer too. Just got this motor changed out the thermostat and fired it up and I have water leaking out of a hole above the thermostat housing I attached a picture. Thanks, Michael
  9. michael_reiber

Marlon Boats

Been looking at small aluminum boats the past several months after selling my old 12ft tin last fall. Ive gone and seen quite a few that just didn't work for me for various reasons. I keep seeing this Marlon brand boat show up on market place and craigslist, I was wondering if anyone had any...
  10. michael_reiber

Vancouver boat show

It’s that time of year again, was surprised to not see another thread started. We’re just on the ferry over and thought I’d start a thread for people to share any good deals they found or things they’re looking for good deals on! We’re hoping to pick up a new Brutus prawn puller. Michael
  11. michael_reiber

Found Crab trap off De-Courcy Island

Found a crab trap off De-Courcy island, looks like it got caught in probably a tugs prop or someone’s prop, as the line was cut (no float) just 20 feet of slack line floating on the surface.. if you think it’s yours message me some details on what kind of trap it is, and will gladly return to...
  12. michael_reiber

Fish bite indicator

Just curious if anyone has tried used the fish bite indicators for halibut fishing? You see guys using them all the time for carp fishing and bar fishing etc, and was curious if anyone has tried them for halibut fishing, my main concern being that every time the ball pounds off bottom it’s going...
  13. michael_reiber

Tuna 28th 29th or 29th 30th

Looking to see if anyone was planning to do tuna out of ucluelet ideally but would possibly go to winter harbour if weather etc cooperates, we are looking for a buddy boat to go with. We were supposed to do tuna in Westport today but unfortunelty was cancelled due to the weather. We have never...
  14. michael_reiber

Updating HDS 9 Gen 3 issues

I was wondering if anyone could provide any assistance with updating the lowrance gen 3 plotters, I should be able to do it over wifi but when I try to connect to my home wifi it shows it with 4 bars (full strength) it's right beside the router, but I can't get it to connect it just says...
  15. michael_reiber

Re-Stringing Prawn traps

Our mesh is finally starting to wear so we are starting to look for options on re-string our traps, they're all commercial traps and we have 12 of them, does anyone have experience re-stringing them selves? Is it easy? And where do you get the mesh? I called Ladner traps and they said they'll do...
  16. michael_reiber

Boating through ice

The local marina has been frozen over with a very small amount of ice and we have just been breaking our way out super slowly like we normally do but someone had said the ice that thin can slice the gel coat and damage the fiberglass, which totally makes sense and we had never thought about...
  17. michael_reiber

2017/2018 Upgrades

What does everyone have planned for upgrades this winter, if any, as some of you know we have been building the 20ft double eagle and have been posting in another thread, so that will be our ongoing winter project! How about everyone else?
  18. michael_reiber

Leader Advice

Hoping to head out to test the boat out this weekend and with any luck were are going to try to troll around tent island for winter springs, Just wondering if any of the local guys have some knowledge to whether we should shorten our leaders or not, we normally shorten them in the winter when...
  19. michael_reiber

Elk lake carp

Looking to give elk lake a shot for carp tomorrow, anyone got any tips for them? I've never fished in elk lake before
  20. michael_reiber

Poaching etc.

Took the dog down to the Nanaimo river a couple times today and sat and watched the salmon jump around, but each time I went down there, there were people snagging salmon with weighted treble hooks, and I just got back from the river right now and theres guys with head lamps snagging salmon they...
Back