Search results

1. michael_reiber

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Lots of fish out there today, hard to find hatcheries but was good to see lots of fish. There was a good bite at first light then quite till tide change then turned on again. We got 3 hatcheries and called it a day.
  2. michael_reiber

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Any recent reports? We will be out there tomorrow morning.Will report back.
  3. michael_reiber

LEH What you got!

Nothing for me
  4. michael_reiber

Leh is out!

Nothing for me
  5. michael_reiber

2021 Ucluelet Reports

if you’re staying near the float house I would highly recommend making the walk up to howlers pub and restaurant.
  6. michael_reiber

2021 Gulf Island Reports

Crabbing for me the last 2 times has been extremely slow. Lots of red rocks but having a very hard time finding dungies in our usual spots. Interested to hear how others are doing for crab
  7. michael_reiber

Diesel truck tuning - worth it?

You should be able to get someone to make you a tune that increases your mileage without getting the black smoke, you may get some haze if you really step on it, but for the most part you only get the rolling coal if you have tuned in a bunch of low boost fueling or running a hot tune. Also...
  8. michael_reiber

Lingcod Questions / Help

I am sure she will enjoy it! Thats my favourite part, no trolling dead quite and everyone in a blue moon when you get that perfect sunny dead flat day and no current just sitting out there in the sun jigging for some of the best eating fish its simply amazing.
  9. michael_reiber

Lingcod Questions / Help

Welcome to lingcod fishing! My favourite species to eat and possibly even go as far as saying to fish for, they are a lot of fun! (gets expensive though on the nasty reefs) Ive never fished area 14 so I can't help you much on spots but just look for rock and good steep contours. The more jigs...
  10. michael_reiber

Diesel Delete Victoria?

If you got the space to do it and the time, performing the delete is super simple really takes a few hours in the driveway, you can either go with delete pipes($300ish) or a whole exhaust system($500ish) and then for the EGR you could do a delete or just program the valve off. I haven’t ripped...
  11. michael_reiber

Bow to stern line

We use a heavy duty carabiner
  12. michael_reiber

Truck work required

Malcom was still around when I was there this time last year
  13. michael_reiber

Catching on Braid vs Mono

50lb or even 40lb but I've used down to 30lb. 30lbs is starting to get pretty thin. It all depends what brand you buy too, every manufactures line diameter is a little different. I quite like 50lb though it holds well.
  14. michael_reiber

Everyone says that braid doesn't stay in the clip and I am not sure where everyone gets that from as they couldn't be more wrong. yes you have to be careful going down on the rigger it takes some getting use to and you'll probably pop the clip for the first few times. I bury the the braid right...
  15. michael_reiber

Truck work required

I would recommend SuperTech in Nanaimo I have heard lots of good things about them. Ive never had them perform any actual repairs for me as I usually try to tackle it myself, but I've had them do diagnostics and pre purchase inspections on a 6.4L and 6.0 Powerstrokes for me before and they are...
  16. michael_reiber

We are strictly braid on all rods with no top shots. Works great for us it doesn't stretch at all so its not super forgiving but you can feel everything. Mono in my opinion is just a mess, I find you constantly have to cut off 30 feet with it and re-spool once a season, and if you have any bad...
  17. michael_reiber

Butcher/meat processor

Hey guys this is my first year hunting and am just trying to get a processer lined up incase I do get lucky! Any recommendations on places mid island? I know there is a local guy in town I will try contacting, I heard a ton of good things about Jerry’s in Nanaimo and that was going to be my...
  18. michael_reiber

Sighting in a rifle

Yes I am in ladysmith! Thanks for your offer but I did end up buying a lead sled, much appreciated though!
  19. michael_reiber

Sighting in a rifle

Thanks for everyone’s advice! I ended up going with the lead sled that I posted. Got the gun sighted it with great groupings, they’re basically all on top of each other. Now that I got in sighted in I can start practicing shooting it more without having to worry about if it’s me or if it’s the gun.
  20. michael_reiber

Sighting in a rifle

Sorry so are you suggesting the lead sled above the one I posted? I think they call it the DFT or something? Flinching is something I am working on, I have a minor flinch I noticed it right away and Have been working on eliminating it.
Back