Search results

1. S

Low Maintenance 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton Trucks

Also as for reliability my truck I have owned since 2011 and it has been decent. Only has 80,000 Kms but all of it has been towing a boat or trailer or hauling a camper. Only issue I have had is broken exhaust manifold bolts And that caused an annoying exhaust leak.
  2. S

Low Maintenance 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton Trucks

I recomend that if your looking to haul a camper to shop for a gas 1 ton pick up. Dually is even better to maximize your payload. I have a 2011 GMC 3500 6.0L crew cab long box. it is rated for 3187 lbs of camper max. Not that impressive really. i had a 9'6 citation camper for it and i was...
  3. S

Clutesi Launch

sometimes its worth spinning your boat around at the dock and pointing the bow out if your concerned about backing into the current. also launch lane 4 near the end of the finger is more on the shallow side due to silt and sand building up so try to launch on 1-3 if you can for low tide...
  4. S

looking for Information on front cockpit Window frame replacement (Grady white gulfstream 1989)

Just curious if anyone has replaced the window frames (aluminum extrusion) on their boat? Glass is good but frames are corroded beyond repair and i am looking for a solution. I have pondered going to a fully enclosed hard top but honestly i love the look of the stock windows and hard top...
  5. S

Diesel heater installation in a Grady white 232, (looking for mounting location options/ideas)

It works great. I used a Yamaha male/female quick disconnect 1/4” so I can Remove the tank easily to re fuel. the tank has an internal standpipe that it draws from. No issues at all. I probably have around 10-15 hrs run time on the heater
  6. S

Diesel heater installation in a Grady white 232, (looking for mounting location options/ideas)

Well finished this project up yesterday and I’m super happy with the results. Exhaust pipe is cool enough to grab even after running for over an hour. It puts out enough heat yo keep the cabin warm and the windshields clear. I tried to keep the ductwork as simple as possible.
  7. S

Fuel system started today. 1/4” marine rated hose to 1/8” ball valve (shut off) to 1/4 OD copper tube with compression fittings. More photos coming soon.
  8. S

Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

Oh ya i love the look of those SS pipe supports those will make it a tidy installation I might have to order a pair of those. nice work, looks like you are collecting some good pieces to get this project underway. the heat shield is a clever idea as well , does it have an adhesive backing on it?
  9. S

Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

yes , I agree its tough to find a spot that ticks all the boxes. every boat design will have different challenges. personally I didn't put mine that close to the water line as I was told by a heater installer that the further away the better, again that is just one guys opinion. and i drilled...
  10. S

For reference it would be wise to download a PDF manual of a planar, or a espar/ or a reputable brand of heater that was designed for marine use. They have great information on how to install correctly and do’s and don’t of installation depending on application(auto or marine) Im sure the...
  11. S

Because it will release exhaust gas through it into the boat. that’s why they recommend you put a condensation drain coil right at the heater exhaust low point the coil is designed to let only moisture run out and not exhaust gas. the reason some mufflers have a condensation drain hole is...
  12. S

https://www.heatso.com/copper-fuel-line-for-marine-use-with-espar-webasto-heaters/
  13. S

Yes I have. im going copper and marine certified flex rubber at the pump connections and at the heater connection. Pictures to follow in a couple weeks…currently back to the grind
  14. S

Yes I do have a stainless muffler. It was from planar as well. Make sure if you purchase one that it does not have the condensation drain built into the muffler. The muffler from planar does not
  15. S

Yes I do have a stainless muffler. It was from planar as well. Make sure if you purchase one that it does not have the condensation drain built into the muffler. The muffler from planar does not.
  16. S

The through hull fitting for the exhaust is the 45 degree angled unit on the planar website and the through hull and exhaust wrap I purchased locally at a marine hardware store (Alberni industrial marine) and added a 90 degree stainless 3/4 npt stainless elbow. The actual goose neck is referring...
  17. S

Some more updated photos of the installation from yesterday. Exhaust system is completed, and intake as well is mocked up but waiting on more hose to show up from planar. For the exhaust i used high temp RTV silicone to help seal the joints as well as stainless exhaust clamps. i finished it...
Back