Search results

1. barrie

Victoria Reports 2015

That wild fish just looked so pissed off for biting the spoon, so I let him go! I believe it's 1 wild and 3 hatchery retention west of Race, but I could be wrong. Tomorrow I'm going out to the USA border off Race. Big fleet of Yankee boats out there, they are all talking on 68
  2. barrie

Victoria Reports 2015

I ran over to Race this morning 500-600', one 8lb wild that I tossed back and lots of tinies from 45'-135'. After tiny number 12, I picked up and back to Vic harbour.
  3. barrie

10 day long range trip

My Buddy did that trip a couple years ago. He still talks about how much fun it was and the fishing was crazy good. He was amazed at how efficient the deck crew is and how some anglers stayed on the cap rail all day. You are a lucky dog!
  4. barrie

Boat Crash near Parksville

On no! You are right. Hopefully everyone is okay. So sad to see.
  5. barrie

Victoria Reports 2015

Were you at Fulford Reef on the east side?
  6. barrie

Fuel use betwen PA and Bamfield?

Damn I'm an idiot! I thought PA were the initials for Port Angeles, WA. Now I realize it was for Port Alberni. Apparently I've been looking on BloodyDecks too much. My apologies.
  7. barrie

Fuel use betwen PA and Bamfield?

I run Victoria to Bamfield in August it's 107 miles dock to dock. I have a 24 seasport with a 5.0 Volvo duo prop, it's a 5 hour trip and I burn 50 gallons one way. Fuel pricing in Bamfield was between $1.40-$1.45 per litre. I think you are being ambitious for a one day trip. The "motel" in town...
  8. barrie

What area to relocate to from Vancouver for best all year salmon fishing?????

Victoria without a doubt! It checks all your needs and As luck would have it, I will sell you my Seasport that's moored in Victoria Harbour.
  9. barrie

WTB: Cheap Yamaha T8 with power tilt. Blown motor?

You can also post on BloodyDecks in Washington State.
  10. barrie

WTB: Cheap Yamaha T8 with power tilt. Blown motor?

The original power tilt on my 2008 Yammie failed last year. Got a Yammie replacement, it failed in 10 months. NO WARRANTY, even though it was replaced at a long time marine business. I even had the entire circuit tested to make sure there were no underlying problems. It seems Yamaha has a...
  11. barrie

New yellow donut? (scotty weight retriever)

Commercial trollers use a white donut on their Gurdy lines. I think they were porcelain. Maybe Noggs needle can confirm, or call and ask Campbell at Trotac in Victoria. Derby up at Pacific Net & Twine in Parksville/Coombs will know.
  12. barrie

Scupper solution

You can get those plugs at any plumbing supply.
  13. barrie

Scupper solution

That's a good idea. So if you don't mind, Once you pull the boat home, I'm going to have a look at those.
  14. barrie

Scupper solution

Thanks Mike! I couldn't get it done.
  15. barrie

Scupper solution

Just found a $5.00 solution.. It's a 21/2"'poly leaf guard you stick in your eves trough down spout. All you have to do is cut off the flange and add a ping pong ball. I can't figure out how to post a pic.
  16. barrie

Scupper solution

I've got the factory installed ping pong ball system on my Seasport. It works great. The down side of them are once they close you sometimes have to push the ball back out. I take a pic on Sunday and post it here. You can always call Waypoint Marine in Seattle to get a price or maybe the Port...
  17. barrie

High speed near miss at the head

You guys want a really annoying experience? Come on over to Victoria waterfront area. BIG high speed Whale watch boats blasting by 40' away, Yankee yachts showing class by swinging in to see if we really roll hard in the wake. Oh ya, I forgot the Pilot Boat! Sunday on the OB flats two...
  18. barrie

Project Ocean Smasher

Mikrp Trolling valve is the only way to go!
  19. barrie

Project Ocean Smasher

Mikep Have you givin any thought to a twin diesel midship install? Less strain on the drive train, better for that long off shore run plus I would think a better balance. As for twin diesel fuel burn, You should call CodFather Charters up in Port Hardy, a few years ago he bought my Bertram...
Back