Search results

1. Reel Time

2017 long shaft “remote” Yamaha 9.9 full electric $1900

Sits to high up on my boat and cuts above water occasionally… needed a xtra long shaft. -this is long shaft (not xl shaft), prop gaurd, power trim electric start, high thrust -can show running Includes the throttle cable and control box. *No shift cable
  2. Reel Time

Dual fender mount with fenders

Dual fender holder and 2 fenders…first decent offer (hornitos tequila bottle) takes.
  3. Reel Time

Custom Boat Decals

Would like to find a place that can make a boat decal for my Boats name and simple graphic design. Nanaimo and area if any reccomendations. thx
  4. Reel Time

2008 YAMAHA 9.9 long, high thrust, power tilt, remote and electric start

Outboard works very well, pushes 24 foot boat easily for tolling…comes with prop gaurd. The remote control box not included. Power tilt works perfect - issue is the typical corrosion of the power tilt housing, was looking to replace and will just sell the outboard and buy new. The housing has...
  5. Reel Time

Buying Outboard parts online in Canada

Seems some online parts distributors dont sell/ship to Canada from the US. What is a good online parts site? Yamaha related in my case.
  6. Reel Time

Seastar Steering 'vent cap'

I have replaced the ram seals which one had a small drip, replaced the helm shaft seal which was leaky... flushed and bled the steering, now seems the vent cap releases small amount of fluid daily. Some information suggests that vented caps are no longer recommended? Does anyone run non vented...
  7. Reel Time

2010 Infinity SUV (tow vehicle)

Anyone needing a clean, well maintained SUV for towing. Put my ad on craigslist and posting here. Its rated to 9000 pounds towing. Ive towed 5000, very capable. AD: https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/cto/d/parksville-infinity-qx56-4x4/7584345785.html
  8. Reel Time

1106 Downrigger w/braid 'craigslist'

https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/spo/d/nanaimo-north-scotty-1106-downrigger-x2/7568487193.html
  9. Reel Time

Double Fender holder

Double bumper holder $100 Halogen spot/deck light $60 Rod holders
  10. Reel Time

Theft and Insurance

I recently had my car broken into and golf clubs stolen, as well the thiefs (on camera) went to my backyard shed and removed a baseball bag containing downriggers and my GPS. My insurance includes max limits on certain things such as watercraft accessories at 3000$. So the GPS was included...
  11. Reel Time

Perko Switch ... Tekonsha Trailer Control.... 13.25 TP Prop

Perko Switch, used good. Asking case of lucky lager. Tekonsha Voyager for electric brakes only... Another case of lucky lager. 13.25 diameter Turning Point prop. New condition. Asking case of Corona.
  12. Reel Time

Past License - Salmon Catch and Possesion

Trying to wrap my head around the current closures and past few years. I grew up along the fraser river in the 90's, I remember when they banned commercial boats from fishing the region as salmon populations were dire. Back then the catch was 4 per day and 8 possesion. You could fish all day...
  13. Reel Time

Boat Security

Looking for some security systems that when away from home might be able to share my cellular network to send video/pics/alerts. Any ideas on this topic?
  14. Reel Time

Trailer Brakes - replacement

Probably a post someplace on what Iam after. Have a new to me used high liner with dual axle and drum brakes. The drums are toast. If I had the garage I would take on replacing them. This round will go to the mechanics. Looking for a mechanic or shop recommendation in or near Nanaimo...
  15. Reel Time

Outboard sales

Have to recommend RPM group in Port for amazing sale prices. Just repowered with a new 150. Was looking for a kicker 9.9 - and everyone selling 10 year old motors for 1500-2200$. Just bought new 9.9 for $2200. Have a look...
  16. Reel Time

A gentle Netting of a Nootka watershed.

Maybe these small watersheds should be traditional fished - spear, basket, hand caught. Or Ocean caught only and those salmon making it this far to spawn should live in peace. Nootka Sound fishing has slowed tremendously. Food for thought. This would be a large catch on the Fraser.
  17. Reel Time

Ethical question: Does anyone weigh live Salmon on a scale then release

1) I have never done this - personally dont think its right if fish is to be released Recently was told on my last trip by some fellow guests (non-guided) that they were taking salmon inside the boat and weighing them on scale. They weighed one over 30 pounds.... I cant imagine this being a...
  18. Reel Time

Infiniti QX56 2005 - excellent towing rig

Selling my beast. 2nd owner, 231,000km, selling end of July. This is the top of SUV towing for its year. Very strong V8 w 400 lbs of torque. https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/d/2005-qx56-infiniti/6609764893.html if any interest. message myself
  19. Reel Time

Better luck with beards, moustache or shaven?

My annual fishing trip with friends from Lethbridge is next week. We have fished clean shaven before and usually do allright. 2 of the last 3 years we have grown moustaches and it seemed the bigger springs preferred this over clean shaven. Well this year we all figured we should try full...
  20. Reel Time

WTB: 8-9.9 hp Outboard Longshaft

Looking for good used, and newish (10 years or newer) four stroke, longshaft, outboard… looking for leads.
Back