Search results

1. Reel Time

Southern Resident Whales - New Study Released Nature, Extinction in 75-100 years

If someone made a graph like that 20 - 30 years ago they would be fired. That is ridiculous. Idiocracy.
  2. Reel Time

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Think I saw Elias Petterson using the ladies washroom at the arena. This guy will be dynamite in the playoffs if we can play Phoenix or San Jose.
  3. Reel Time

Yamaha 150 or Mercury 150

i have a 300 yammmi, but would prefer the merc from past experience. although today they are all very well made.
  4. Reel Time

2024 Halibut Fisheries Notice

Sometimes listening to people reason about a fishery reminds of when I lived in a strata complex, so many fish brains... Anyway, I think with reason that raising size to 95cm would be beneficial. I know I only do one halibut trip a year and focus on larger fish. But up the size and I think...
  5. Reel Time

We have wasted so many man hours and people putting on thinking caps having meetings for days and discussing fish to determine a 5cm reduction is man playing god. This makes no difference. Its man trying to pat himself on the back, look what I can do. The fishery is not affected by sport, its...
  6. Reel Time

Too many millenials working for DFO, getting real cute now with size limits, real cute.
  7. Reel Time

Trailer brake rebuild time

I put new rotors x4 brakes and bearings on my trailer in 2020, lots of towing, lots of salt, always carry a garden sprayer to rinse after launches, and they still look good, work good. $1300 back then. Seems like another 4 seasons worth maybe. Plus very strong braking when needed.
  8. Reel Time

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Tampa and Vegas are very Canadian player dominant. That said Mark Stone is dynamite, hopefully Peteykins can play the big crunching playoff style in rounds 3 and 4.
  9. Reel Time

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Motor included? Just gleaned the ad over. Unbelievable price with, still great without
  10. Reel Time

Canucks 2023-2024 season

You know Canucks management, they love tossing money at the Swedes. Sedins both walked into the playoffs with a combined 200 points in 2011. Combined games vs Sanjose and Boston in playoffs at 27 games and combined goals 4. Tough for me to accept having strong talent without that internal...
  11. Reel Time

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Curious on thoughts about Petey? My take, amazing talent but not worth 11 million. He can control the flow of a game against SanJose, Anahiem ext ext... but we have been down this road before in likes of Naslund, Sedins. Easily stunned by bigger, rough talent teams. He has 7 goals of 29...
  12. Reel Time

2017 long shaft “remote” Yamaha 9.9 full electric $1900

1850$ Would like to sell within the week while on boat . Then can mount my extra long shaft. First come basis
  13. Reel Time

2017 long shaft “remote” Yamaha 9.9 full electric $1900

Sits to high up on my boat and cuts above water occasionally… needed a xtra long shaft. -this is long shaft (not xl shaft), prop gaurd, power trim electric start, high thrust -can show running Includes the throttle cable and control box. *No shift cable
  14. Reel Time

Dual fender mount with fenders

location is Parksville. can meet halfway if not to far sometime.
  15. Reel Time

Dual fender mount with fenders

Dual fender holder and 2 fenders…first decent offer (hornitos tequila bottle) takes.
  16. Reel Time

Projects examine how rec fishery is affecting salmon.

I feel there is some alternative motive to question catch and release. There will always be foul hooked and small losses at times but not enough to make a case for fishery closures. Education on releasing fish should be a no brainer.... Also, it would be nice if we can put more efforts to...
  17. Reel Time

I hope we can make the rivers more resilient again one day
  18. Reel Time

We need more people fishing, more people buying licenses, more awareness. We have so few people sport fishing compared to other countries who have strong fisheries and revenues. I have caught so many salmon with chunks of flesh missing from seal claws that had healed over. Very resilient...
  19. Reel Time

Mistakes

Probably around 10 years ago, when the excitement to get on the water created great oversight (still does). I loaded my tote of 400 feet of rope into the boat and placed 2 prawn traps that were in tandem connected by 40 feet of rope on top of the tote. When we got to the spot to drop the...
  20. Reel Time

Custom Boat Decals

Would like to find a place that can make a boat decal for my Boats name and simple graphic design. Nanaimo and area if any reccomendations. thx
Back