Search results

1. Pineapple Express

Boat Load Of Tackle

Lots of nice stuff in there!
  2. Pineapple Express

Looking for firewood vendor recs - btwn Nanaimo & Duncan

Thanks everybody. I found a listing on FB marketplace and bought a load of wood from the guy. Seems like prices are better on the Island compared to around Vancouver.
  3. Pineapple Express

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Realistically what's the guy in to it for? I don't know all the steps of importing a boat & trailer, but besides the exchange rate and fuel costs to drive down and back there's fees and taxes to pay. It definitely seems like he's still trying to make a profit on the flip. I'd be curious to...
  4. Pineapple Express

I don't recognize this hull, but it does look like a nice deep vee at the entry. Might be a good project candidate for somebody....or a disaster. Hard to know without some interior pics https://classifieds.castanet.net/details/23_deep_v_hull_boat_w_trailer/4922226/ Ad text: 70's Boat and...
  5. Pineapple Express

Gibbs Ghandi spoon Wanted

That's funky looking!
  6. Pineapple Express

Poddables, keepers that need love and other misc hulls

Whoa! Crazy story. RIP to the victim indeed. That's a good argument for wearing the kill switch (lanyard or the newer wifi/bluetooth ones)
  7. Pineapple Express

Poddables, keepers that need love and other misc hulls

Back in the early 1980s Grady did have a few sterndrives like this 1984 258. The trick with sterndrives isn't making the power from the engine....it's putting the power through the leg in to the water. Keeping a leg running while pushing 450+hp isn't simple!
  8. Pineapple Express

Yeah, agreed. I thought it was in the high $300s at one point which still seemed too expensive for an Alibaba aluminum with messy wiring. I think they're hoping that somebody gets star-struck with the white Yamahas out back!!!
  9. Pineapple Express

This one is bucking the trend...price is going up the longer it's going unsold! https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/maple-ridge-30ft-aluminum-pilot-house/7669503022.html $499,880!! Brand new 30ft aluminum pilot house $499,880 Twin white Yamaha 4.2L outboards. Triple hummingbird...
  10. Pineapple Express

Looking for firewood vendor recs - btwn Nanaimo & Duncan

I'll be over on the Island on Wednesday for a quick daytrip. Looking to fill my truck with dry firewood while over there. Anybody got any recommendations between Nanaimo - Duncan?
  11. Pineapple Express

PEETZ Outdoors Ltd is not closing this coming fall after all

Interesting. Is that the same RVP that created the line of Tomic plug colours? I think he was on here for a while too but maybe left for a while?
  12. Pineapple Express

New Motor from Honda: BF350!

I'm glad you're having good experiences with your Zuk. After having an older Zuk 8hp (2-stroke) that never ran great, then upgrading to a Yamaha 9.9 (2-stroke) and seeing how much better the Yam was built, plus having owned and maintained a few Suzuki motorcycles....I don't think Suzuki is on...
  13. Pineapple Express

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

@Pippen was too busy eating cheezies!
  14. Pineapple Express

My family had an early Glacier Bay cat for a few years. It rode smooth but did not handle forward weight very well. I've read about these Grady cats quite a bit on The Hull Truth. The story seems that Grady engineers spent a lot of time at Glacier Bay and a partnership was imminent. Then...
  15. Pineapple Express

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Where ya launching from? Windy forecast looks fishable (for winds) tomorrow out in the T10/Sandheads area. The mouth of the Cap is likely to be busy with the derby tomorrow
  16. Pineapple Express

New Motor from Honda: BF350!

Honda's new BF350 was just officially announced today. https://marine.honda.com/outboards/models/highpower/BF350 Mount it up on anything less than 22ft for the @Stizzla seal of approval!
  17. Pineapple Express

Mercury 3.0 Diesel outboard now on their website…

Just came to say the same thing. It's been around for years and years. Was originally offered to military customers where diesel may be easier to find than gasoline (ie refueling on a larger patrol vessel). I don't really see this as a modern option for recreational customers
  18. Pineapple Express

Thanks for the link. $10k for a podded hull with an incomplete interior...seems not cheap
  19. Pineapple Express

Link?? If ad is correct those "year 2000 etecs" are some of the early-gen FICHT motors. I ran a pair of 225 FICHTs on a crew boat for a summer and when they were running they were great, but they weren't always running.... Now add 20+ years....take your chances!
Back