Search results

1. Airon

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I know, I read them and was just hoping I was missing something, disappointed, didn't bring any salmon gear. Prawns and crabs it is then
  2. Airon

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Working in Bamfield for a few weeks with boat available to me, is there anywhere near bamfield that is open for bottom fish, seems like all areas are closed to Ling and rockfish?
  3. Airon

Port McNeil tides

Any suggestions for accurate current tables for Port McNeil area? Such as off Pulteney Point? Not sure about Navionics as it seems a bit inconisistent when compared to Port McNeil tide tables, is there some sort of correction that can be added to a nearby current table?
  4. Airon

2019 Ucluelet Reports

Over in Ukee for a week, going to head out for a fish with the kids and hoping to find the odd mussel and/or oyster, can anyone shed some light on closures as stated on fish BC app, seems like conflicting info, some parts say mussels and oysters open, whereas under mussels heading it says all...
  5. Airon

2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Looks like I will be launching in town as well, any of the launches at Halfmoon, Gibson's or Seshelt allow you to leave a trailer not hooked up to a truck for a few days? Also, figured out my Navionics, somehow had all color and contours turned off
  6. Airon

Yes just noticed that, that's unfortunate, it's that similar in areas surrounding 16 too?
  7. Airon

Thanks all for the tips, anywhere around Thormanby for bottom fish? Ab1752, as for launching I'm actually towing my Hewescraft up behind a bigger boat from Van.
  8. Airon

Heading to Secret Cove end of March, will have 22' Hewes craft, best bet for fish within 30 mins (kids) either salmon or bottom, any prawns near? (Not expecting any locations, just is it worth trying some spots) Lastly, why are charts around Thormanby so bad on Navionics, anyone else find this?
  9. Airon

Fileting fish

Bruce's Market in Maple ridge will vac pack ($1/bag) and/or fillet and/or smoke not smoking right now due to high volume, I've had about 20 fillets vac packed, $20 maybe could have vac packed myself for half that but nice to have it done to save time
  10. Airon

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

What app/website is this for the wind report??
  11. Airon

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Out for 3 hours at RC tonight, landed 9 coho, lost many more, only 2 hatchery. Spoons, 30-70', lost a spring at 120'. Agressive seal almost grabbed a few at boat. Full crab traps on way home
  12. Airon

Automatic Bilge Pump issues

Sounds like I'm not the only one, Anyone tried these?? https://www.westmarine.com/buy/rule-industries--500-gph-automatic-bilge-pump--17967472?recordNum=7 Only concern is the slight draw all the tine
  13. Airon

Automatic Bilge Pump issues

I've had three different Rule automatic bilge pumps The automatic 750GPH http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/rule-electric-submersible-pumps/rule-750.htm With all three, after a few years they get stuck on and won't switch off in auto mode, have tried cleaning but all relatively...
  14. Airon

Seals effects

Excellent video, thank you for the post, great to see what all the modern tech we have these days can do to better analyze
  15. Airon

Seals effects

Interesting article, perhaps already been posted before From the Globe and Mail:Seals, sea lions devastating West Coast salmon runs -...
  16. Airon

Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

Nice work stepping up and reporting em!
  17. Airon

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

9-2 today off of cap, nothing. Tried chovies, hootchies, spoons, herring. Saw a few caught by other boats but not much. Lots of police boats/helicopters out
  18. Airon

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any updates, taking a bunch of buddies out fishing for a stag Friday and torn if I go out to the chuck to try for salmon which is sounding like its tapering off or try a lake. Any suggestions on good source of entertaining fishing this time of year, will take anything/ Chum/Pink etc.
  19. Airon

Help with drive from Campbell River to Dent island

Did the drive a few times up Johnstone straight through hole in a wall, even in 20-30knt NW winds wasn't too bad, beautiful territory
  20. Airon

Help with drive from Campbell River to Dent island

Sounds good, that's plan B
Back