Search results

1. R

How to refinish my filleting board

My filleting board needs a tune up. I scrub and bleach it but the grey/black is winning. Any suggestions?
  2. R

Big Qualicum?

Any recent reports of what the spring fishing is like on the Big Q? Would love to take my 2 young grandsons somewhere to do some catch and release on springs using spin casting gear. Little Q is fly only and they are not ready for that yet.
  3. R

SeaQualizer failure

I’ve just had another SeaQualizer fail on me. This one has seen very little usage in past 3 years. First time using it this year and it won’t open at depth to release the cod. Tried it 5 or 6 times and it never did work. Even tried all the different depth settings. I’ve used them lots in...
  4. R

ISO stainless prop for Suzuki 250

Bit of a flyer here but looking for a 3 blade stainless prop for a 2022 Suzuki 250 motor. Must be a 16 diameter and prefer a 19 pitch (16x19). Thanks
  5. R

ISO older C Map

Still looking for one of these chips for a friend. His unit is the Standard Horizon CP390i as shown. Thanks
  6. R

Navionics question

I installed Navionics on my cell phone and tablet years ago and just chose to not do any of the updates etc Now my tablet and phone applications are useless as they don’t show any detail. If I pay the annual fee to get it back up and running do I have to do this every year to keep it usable...
  7. R

Garage sale in Nanoose

Just a heads up that there is a very good garage sale tomorrow with all the fishing gear from a retired high line commercial troller in Nanoose tomorrow. Lots of conventional gear including lots of spoons, flashers and hootchies. It’s listed on Marketplace. Friend is helping organize and...
  8. R

WTB starboard for boat trailer bunks

Just changing small trailer over to bunks from rollers and looking for new or decent used starboard to put on 2 - 8’ 2x6 bunks. Boat is a light Harbourcraft 16.5’. Located in central island area but can arrange pickup most places on island. Thanks.
  9. R

Prawn trap size?

Making the shift over to the Bauer solid style traps and away from my old commercial stackable ones. A question to those of you fishing these. Is there a significant difference in the catching ability of the 24" traps versus the 18" traps? I don't have unlimited deck space so the 18's take...
  10. R

Old C map chip

Looking for an old C map chip for a friend. It’s the big one. Friend has really old Standard Horizon plotter. Central Vancouver Island.
  11. R

WTB. Seats and steering wheels

Before I purchase new I thought about inquiring here. 1. Looking for some decent seats for 2 boats projects in Central Vancouver Island. -Need 1 single seat on a short swivel base for my main helm in my new personal boat. Current seat too small for me. No room for a suspension seat so...
  12. R

Quicksilver inflatables? Yes or No?

I know the topic of inflatables has been covered in the past but I am looking at a small one for my 24' boat for doing the beach excursions. I have been looking at the Quicksilver ones, in particular the Tendy. Want something lightweight so I can lift manually to the cabin top. Looking to row...
  13. R

WTB Luhr Jensen Hot Shot Side Planer

Anybody got one or two they wish to part with before I order online from the US or does anyone know who might carry them here on the Island? Checked a few places with no success Thanks.
  14. R

WTB 300 hp outboard

Looking to repower my 24’ 6000lb boat. Currently has a newer low hour 200 Yamaha (100 hours) but is too underpowered for my liking. Looking to go to 300. I am not stuck on Yamaha, would buy a Mercury or a Suzuki but a Yamaha means I could reuse all my controls and wiring. Will prefer to go...
  15. R

San Diego tuna

Looking ahead to one of the longer 8-10 day offshore Mexico trips that run out of San Diego with a few friends, bucket list item for us. Are there any current members of this forum who have done these who could provide advice as to: 1. Good boats 2. Best time to go We don’t get seasick and...
  16. R

Aftermarket stereo/Bluetooth recommendations

Looking to change out stock stereo in new to me 2006 GMC truck. Wanting a unit for Bluetooth phone connection and to connect to a backup camera. Looking for suggestions for the unit. Have an installer in Courteney who will do the install and recommended a Pioneer model that I can’t source...
  17. R

ISO 25-30 hp electric start outboard

Friend is looking for a 25-30 hp electric start outboard for his 90 year old dad. (Old guy can’t pull start his old 2 stroke anymore.). Any leads appreciated. PM me if you have something
  18. R

ISO Bruce type Hali anchor

Anyone have an approximately 7kg Bruce knock off anchor for a Hali anchor system? Central Vancouver Island. If you have something, PM me. Thanks
  19. R

ISO Boat seats

Looking for a pair of low profile swivel seats. Currently have 2 mismatched ones. Central Island area. Thanks
  20. R

ISO wash down pump

Anyone have a new wash down pump that they want to part with on the central island? 5 -7 gpm one. Thanks
Back