Search results

1. High Time

2024 Gulf Island Reports

Fished south of Porlier last Sat.with a friend, arrived about 9:00. Picked up a 63 cm. hatch about 9:30, thought this looks OK, 4 1/2 hours later still sitting with the one fish and 3 shakers, works out to about $30 a pound but that's not the point . :rolleyes: Beautiful day...
  2. High Time

Is Area 18 currently open for Chinooks?

Thanks guys
  3. High Time

2024 Sidney Reports

Thanks again. I got the app now, but being older and technically challenged, it's all a grind We bumble on.... :oops:
  4. High Time

2024 Sidney Reports

Thank you fb. Assume that is wild or marked. Is there any news regarding a msf after March 31? Just got my boat in the water. Hope to get in a few days before Mar31
  5. High Time

2024 Sidney Reports

Is all of Area 18 currently open until March 31. For the life of me I cannot find the regs on DFO :mad:
  6. High Time

Excuse me... go to salmon where and scroll across
  7. High Time

Once more I am struggling to find details of what and where is currently open. DFO makes it so easy....
  8. High Time

Scotty Manual Downriggers

A pair of Scotty manual downriggers with the adjustable long arms and rod holders. In good working order with used wire. $200 for the pair. Located in South Surrey
  9. High Time

2024 Sooke Reports

Gee, that's a novel idea, maybe DFO should try it, Naw... :mad:
  10. High Time

Herring stocks rebounding

We can wait until Hell freezes over and those stocks are not going to improve while a special group gets to hammer them in July and August in river.
  11. High Time

Your Salmon Fisheries Are In Peril!- COMPLETE THE DFO SRKW SURVERY BEFORE FEBUARY 12TH

Thank you Spring for your insight and comments regarding what has been dumped on Area 18 and particularly Pender Bluffs.The regulations are just ridiculous. For two years now SRKW have stuck their noses into the area around Victoria for a few days at the end of June and then done an about face...
  12. High Time

Your Salmon Fisheries Are In Peril!- COMPLETE THE DFO SRKW SURVERY BEFORE FEBUARY 12TH

Filled it out last night and had the same frustration. Had a lot more to say on several of the topics but pretty obvious that they really don't want to allow you to expand on it. If you don't agree with their political mandate, it's their way or the highway... I can either agree with the...
  13. High Time

Kicker size

When I converted my 27 XLC three years ago to a 350 Suzuki I also went with a 20 kicker. Because of the deep V hull I also added the leg extension to 30"and 4 blade prop. It is working fine but I wouldn't go less. Should be perfect for your 24.
  14. High Time

Southern Resident Killer Whale 2024 Management Measure Approach

Whole in the Water, your description of the ridiculous and useless Interim SRKW sanctuary areas, particularly Pender Bluffs, is spot on. We spend most of the summer at our place on Pender Bluffs,observing the farce that this thing is. The SRKW made a five day apperance at the end of June in the...
  15. High Time

Replacing original hooks on spoons

Only downer with Mustad is they need sharpening to sticky sharp.Not a big deal
  16. High Time

Convergence rods,old and new?

Have used some of the black convergence rods for last few years and they have been delivering great service,but recently picked up a couple of the earlier brown ones. Wondering if any of our knowledgeable followers have any comments on how they compare? Thanks
  17. High Time

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Not unusual for the bite to drop off after a serious visit the day before by the Orcas. They get a instant urge to migrate up the river or disappear offshore.Sometimes a couple days to regroup.
  18. High Time

Polishing old commercial salmon spoons

Soaking them first in White Vinegar works well to take off surface corrosion etc. and I also like Flitz.
  19. High Time

2023 Gulf Island Reports

They can't give us a kilometer on the West side of Moresby because we might wipe out the Cowichan run... What a load of cr4p. We sit on Pender Bluffs looking at the Interm Whale Sanctuary where we used to fish and watch the literally 1000's of boats passing through it the last 2 months with...
Back