Search results

1. Slack-tider

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Hope the Esquimalt Anglers survived the king tides and surge with the recent weather. It is not cheap to maintain a float like that. I still think it is a bargain for an annual pass and appreciate all the work they do to help a guy like me get out there and have some fun. All the best, guys...
  2. Slack-tider

Has anyone been out on Constance Bank or surrounding area, lately?
  3. Slack-tider

I was out front a few days ago and saw a small green float similar to any crab trap float. I clearly remember this, because of the location. 30-40 meter SE of the green can. Why would anyone place a crab trap and float in the area where 70+ boats were fishing that day?
  4. Slack-tider

Launched from Esquimalt at 6am. I think I got the last parking spot. Counted 70+ boats out front at one point. Got a 11# nook in the tub around 8am close to brotchie. I only saw one net in the air all morning. Got off the water at 11am. I'm thinking its time to target other areas. Tomorrow...
  5. Slack-tider

Are the regs going to change on Sept 1st?
  6. Slack-tider

While I am still at the keyboard and giggling about my last post, are there still pinks out front? Thinking of bringing another friend's kid. Or should I say young man...wow time flies he is 18 now. It's been about 5 years since I've taken him out and getting a few pinks on line waiting for a...
  7. Slack-tider

Yes Sir, and that person was correct. Neglected to post "bad me" but took the advice and stayed out front. Limited out on the 4 days I was there. Even through back a couple chinooks. I may be getting old but I'm still learning. I've spent years trying to think like a fish, time of day...
  8. Slack-tider

Good point Tinboat. On top of that 20 min run and the extra gas.
  9. Slack-tider

For those of us that still work and need to fish Fri-Sun, is there value in buzzing out to Constance to avoid the traffic at the breakwater/out front?
  10. Slack-tider

Thanks, I'll check them both out. I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Thinking Pedder or Constance, but there has been very little reports. Targeting Coho and Pinks. Looks like there are a few a few around the point towards Beechy Head. It will be weather defendant. Will follow up.
  11. Slack-tider

Helped a guy move a 44' from Sidney to Vic. He had an excellent map app showing current direction. You could zoom right in. Not tide levels. I don't recall the name. Sure would be nice to have. Anyone using something like this. Thanks
  12. Slack-tider

Great to hear the fish are heading our way from the Sooke area. Any reports from Constance Bank area. Thought the SE side along the drop off might bring some action.
  13. Slack-tider

Any word on regulation changes for chinook salmon as of the 1st of April? Last year I though it closed until Aug 1st.
  14. Slack-tider

On the water about 930. Let a little guy go along the side of the boat, that was likely just over legal. Healthy and happy. 1030 got a nice 7#er. Both in 120' south of Brotchie on the bottom. AP sandlance and Skinny G. Couple stories of fish out in the Albert Head area. Keep an eye on your...
  15. Slack-tider

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Any reports out of the Pedder Bay area?
  16. Slack-tider

I'm not looking for the secret, "Silver Bullet" but generally speaking do the following increase ones chances on COHO hookups? Shorter leader lengths Increased speed 40'-70' on the DR White hootchie or typical chinook gear Looking forward to Oct 1st new regs which I believe are: Area 19, 2 Coho...
  17. Slack-tider

I have the correct time on my laptop. Just wonered if there is a setting in the forum that need to be corrected.
  18. Slack-tider

Hey Island Boy. What is that flasher?
  19. Slack-tider

Hoochie worm?? Crazy stuff. I have blended hootchies but never thought about adding a worm. Hats off to you.
  20. Slack-tider

Question for the admin folks. Why is the posting time way out of wack? Looks like 10 hours ahead on my end. My post above was early this morning and it shows today 5:05pm. Thanks for all the wok you do in the back ground to keep this excellent forum running. A very helpful tool for me.
Back