Search results

1. DVL U Know

how are VI rivers doing in your experience/opinion??

The fact is that we have logged the hell out of this province...if it was marketable it has been logged already. What's left is the crumbs left over after the banquet. A hundred years of commercial logging has hammered our rivers and streams; and our fish. This is just kinda of a fact. The...
  2. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

Was out yesterday for a few hours. Not a lot of salmon action. Couple of good hits, boated maybe three little guys that went back to grow. Couldn't believe how nice the weather was, warm, almost no rain, hardly any wind...even some sun. Should have ran to constance. Anyway worked from Esquimalt...
  3. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

Yeah, never noticed any traps over by the lagoon...you mean you can fish crabs there too! Hey wait...you're just trying to get me to put my trap in there so the rest of the ocean will be open for you! Dam you and your reverse psychology!
  4. DVL U Know

Island earthquake - article in Globe and Mail

Hey, hey...they said Megathrust!
  5. DVL U Know

Lost crab pot Oak Bay?

Found a pot tied around my downrigger last weekend...it had line, just not enough of it. After 20 min of screwing with it I was less than happy.
  6. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

It wasn't as bad as it looked, we are running a DE as well and she handles it well. It really did flatten out as the day went along. Skip a day of work...you won't regret it!
  7. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

Bit lumpy out there today when we first got out around 11:30. Fished towards Albert head, but it was getting a bit too chunky, so we fished breakwater instead. Pretty slow out there today, 4 fish total. One shaker right off, one at he surface as we fixed a situation with the downrigger (right at...
  8. DVL U Know

2015 Gulf Islands Reports

Thanks, I will be at the cabin for almost a month this year, so I will need to fine tune the fishing in this area!
  9. DVL U Know

2015 Gulf Islands Reports

Hey I have only fished this area a couple of times and was wondering if you actually fish through the pass or fish the outside? I was there last summer but didn't see any other boats. Looked like a fun pass to fish through and a lot less traffic than dodging ferries in Active. Thanks
  10. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

Fished out of Esquimalt on Saturday, 11-4. Slow morning, but picked up in the afternoon, probably hooked up 7-8 fish, most shakers. Lost a nice one to a seal, kept one nice bbq fish. We ran out in front of the harbour for a bit, and saw fish jumping (which is weird in the winter) but got no...
  11. DVL U Know

Victoria Reports 2015

No mention of the 20 something that came in out of Esquimalt On Saturday? Guy at the dock had an awesome fish in his boat. We found it slow and only took a 8er home with no seals. Noticed the crowd admiring his huge spring...seriously, would have been a beautiful summer fish. Apparently...
  12. DVL U Know

Aluminum mooching reels...if not Islander?

OK, This reel thing in crazy. I started with shimanos. They were great...when you first get rolling, not much in the way of line creep, but like using a hammer at all times. No finesse. Used a couple of trophys and once I figured out the drag I realized how much better life was. Had to get a...
  13. DVL U Know

Victoria 2014 Reports

Had a nice time on the water today. And with a little Fishmas Magic managed to get a couple of nice fish to the boat. One was just right for the bbq, one was 8-9. Lucky we had help or our seasonal fishing trip might have come off the rails! 41 PS-nope it wasn't a bet!
  14. DVL U Know

Red Hot - Customized 17.5 Campion for Sale

Love that belly fish chest with stainless liner. Nice looking boat, totally pimped out!
  15. DVL U Know

Victoria 2014 Reports

Lucky enough to be in the boat with Suke Skywalker. Awesome day out there, just what the doctor ordered after a slow summer and a fall with no boat rides. Did you mention the seal that ate my first fish...and that fish wasa monster! Did expect a few more posts considering the parking lot was...
  16. DVL U Know

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Fished sherringham in the morning...but had little love. Watched the whales and picked up a smallish spring pretty much as the whales were passing. Strange! Looking forward to mushrooms! 39
  17. DVL U Know

Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

Looking them up it seems that the USA has been harvesting them for twenty years or so and there is some commercial fishery for them...anything my fathers generation would have considered an junk fish is now a boutique item, mostly cause we have hammered all the other fish stocks. Don't think...
  18. DVL U Know

Esquimalt angler derby squirts! Out at 450 and I think it was 85 feet to 65 feet. Pink squirts on green flashers with a dumby off the ball as well.
  19. DVL U Know

Out today with the boys...for a jaunt to the west to search for fishes when we picked up a scrappy 22lbs that eventually made its way into the boat. We fished around for a bit more before we decided to head out and look for soxs, but unfortunately the boats we saw out there were whale...
  20. DVL U Know

Victoria 2014 Reports

Dammit was wondering how to get the lead balls in the air!
Back