Search results

1. Jammer

Dash Cam

I've bought most of mine from here: https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/ They have a whole range of cameras, and are very helpful if you e-mail them. They are located in Richmond.
  2. Jammer

Found on the Pat Bay Highway

I found the top to a Scotty HP downrigger on the side of the Pat Bay highway (Northbound) just before Haliburton Rd this morning. Let me know if you lost one, it's in good shape and has a very unique sticker on the top of it. Let me know what the sticker is, and we'll get it back to you!
  3. Jammer

2020 Sooke Reports

Was out this morning from about 6 am till noon. Lots of boats out, parking at Cheanuh was as at a premium when I got back in. We tried from Fraser to lamb for a bit, and we didn't get much action on anything. So we ran out to the trap shack, and weren't there 5 min before the coho attacked. We...
  4. Jammer

2020 Sooke Reports

Except this one :
  5. Jammer

2020 Sooke Reports

Was out today from 11 till about 3 doing a circuit from Fraser Island to Lamb island. Lots of Coho about, we kept 2 hatchery for dinner and must have had 8 to the boat. Many more long line releases. Got one nice low teen Chinook, and we were in the retention zone, but it was a wild anyway so...
  6. Jammer

2020 Sooke Reports

I've launched off Whiffen spit, then paddled out, just watch for boats coming around the point as they can come pretty close to the shoreline.
  7. Jammer

Car rental Haida Gwaii

When I lived in Masset, the contractors who came up would use https://www.massetrentacar.com/ I'm not sure if that is the island rent a car you were talking about. You might check on Turo (https://turo.com/) for the dates you were looking for, but that is a bit of a long shot.
  8. Jammer

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was out this morning, starting at 6, was a little choppy to start and didn't have much luck with everyone trolling around the breakwater. So I broke from the pack and headed for the flagpole. We picked up a pair of twins around 20lbs, both on anchovy right on the bottom just after 8. The wind...
  9. Jammer

Need help with import fees

When I order from the USA, I use SeaWings. If you are on the lower island, they bring the package up from Blaine and you self broker at the Victoria Airport. The hardest part of that is the 5 min walk from SeaWings to the customs desk. The best part for me, is that all the "free shipping in the...
  10. Jammer

250 Dungeness crabs dumped

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dead-dungeness-crabs-dumped-west-of-smithers-1.5089467?cmp=rss WTF?
  11. Jammer

Tell Your Best Joke

Stolen from reddit.
  12. Jammer

Great driving in Victoria

13. Jammer

2018 Sooke Reports

Picked up 3 Sockeye trolling way off Aldridge in 470' of water, one at 50', 2 at 80'. Pink squirt going so slowly my GPS was telling me I was actually trolling backwards. All the action was at 8:30. The ramp was a gong show at 5:30.
  14. Jammer

2018 Sooke Reports

Had a good day off Beechey head this morning. Picked up 2 nice ones, almost twins around 15 lbs. Both on anchovies, one at 55' the other at 75'. Saw loads of shakers being caught and released as well.
  15. Jammer

2018 Sooke Reports

Had a decent day out off Beechey head. On the water for 7am, gear in the water for 7:15, first fish in the boat at 7:20! Nothing after that till 1:00, then another that put up a great fight and was exactly on the limit. Just about lost it as it hit the bottom of the net and bounce right back...
  16. Jammer

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Out from 8:30 to 11:30, No salmon for us. World's smallest ling cod, and a flounder of some sort (may have been fishing a little close to the bottom) all returned.
  17. Jammer

Marine Flare question- not disposal!

Thanks Foxsea! That'll save me $50 when I have to buy the next set
  18. Jammer

Marine Flare question- not disposal!

I just checked my flares this morning, and they expired in April (manufactured April 2014) I went shopping for just the 12 gauge shells and found some at Island Outfitters. The lady there said that because they are twin star flares, each shell counts a 2 flares. I've always purchased 6 shells...
  19. Jammer

Trailer Tires

Anyone had a trailer tire do this when it's a spare on the trailer? Last had it on the trailer a couple of years ago, I'm just glad I wasn't beside it when it let go. On that note, where's the best place to buy trailer tires around Victoria?
Back