Search results

1. blake_a

WTB 17-19ft Welded Aluminum Boat (Port Hardy to Victoria)

Helping my sister and brother in law find a 17-19ft welded aluminum boat. Needs a cover, hard top or soft top. Please PM if you have something for sale or soon to be for sale on the island.
  2. blake_a

20lb cannonballs in Qualicum area

Anyone selling 20 lb cannonballs in the qualicum area?
  3. blake_a

WTB Shimano 4000GT and rod

I have a friend looking for a basic salmon set up. 4000GT reel and 10’6” rod , convergence, technium or something similar. Can pick up from Qualicum to Nanaimo.
  4. blake_a

Charter recommendation for Renfrew or Ucluelet

I have friend looking to book a charter in Renfrew or Ucluelet/Tofino in late August. Any recommendations for a good guide that might have availability? His group is more interested in salmon fishing than bottom fishing. Thanks
  5. blake_a

WTB 6 to 9.9 HP kicker - Comox/Parksville area

Had good luck finding my sister some bottom fishing gear on here (thanks Aces) so I’ll try again to find them a kicker. Looking for a kicker for a 17’ lifetimer so 6 or 9.9 HP would be fine. It won’t be used for trolling but needs to be reliable. Can pick up from Parksville to Campbell River.
  6. blake_a

WTB Bottom fishing gear - Comox/Courtenay/Parksville

Hi, My sister is looking to set her husband up for lingcod and halibut fishing. She's looking for used jigs, weights, hooks, swivels, spreader bars, etc. They have two decent jigging rods already. She wanted to try here first before heading to PNT Can pick up between Comox and Nanaimo
  7. blake_a

Line stacking - Deep line inside or outside?

I fish deep lines on the inside straight out the back with my top lines out to the side. Usually stacked 20 feet apart. A friend argues it should be the other way around and that my set up can cause more tangles. I do get the odd tangle but not very often. Curious if there is a preferred...
  8. blake_a

Recommendation for boat trailer service Qualicum/Parksville?Nanaimo

Looking for a recommended place near Qualicum, Parksville , Nanaimo to have my aluminum boat trailer serviced (bearings, bunks, etc.). Thanks.
  9. blake_a

Wanted 2 technium or convergence 10’6” rods

Looking to buy one or two 10’6” rods. Located in Qualicum, work in Nanaimo. PM if you have any available.
  10. blake_a

Wanted: mounted VHF radio

Want to buy: mounted VHF radio for 17' boat. Will buy antenna also but not needed. Located in Qualicum and work in Nanaimo so can pick up anywhere near.
  11. blake_a

Fish ID help

what species is this guy?
  12. blake_a

Wanted VHF radio and antenna

Hi I am looking to replace my radio and antenna for my 17ft boat. I am located in Qualicum Beach and work in Nanaimo. PM me if you have one to sell
  13. blake_a

Free frozen salmon and prawns

Due to moving around a bunch the last couple of years I have 1,2 and 3 year old salmon and prawns in my freezer that I will not be able to use up. There are 10-15 pieces of fish and about 4-5 Tupperware containers of prawns. The salmon is all chinook or coho caught trolling at French Creek...
  14. blake_a

Favourite dual-purpose marine battery?

Hi just about to replace my Nautilus dual-purpose battery. It will start my 90hp Honda 4 stroke and run a bilge pump, phone charger, small depth sounder and downriggers. Any recommendations? Good deals?
  15. blake_a

Trailer lights off completely - Where to start?

Trailer is 15 years old and lights have worked fine but are now completely off. Anyone know where I start and what equipment I need to diagnose the problem?
  16. blake_a

Classic Rivers Inlet Fishing Video

Hi On this forum someone linked a video of a classic fishing show from the 70s or 80s catching chinook in Rivers Inlet. Does someone have the link to this video?? PL
  17. blake_a

Affordable halibut line

What line is the most affordable to spoil up three Penn halibut reels? I am near Parksville.
  18. blake_a

Catching a Chinook near Terrace

Hi, I am in Terrace, have waders, gear and am hearing there are Chinook in the Skeena and tribs. I am only have evenings to fish so am hoping to not travel to far outside Terrace and am just not sure where to start on my quest to catch my first river-caught chinook. PL
  19. blake_a

Kokish River Run of River Project and effects on fish

Hey, I am interested in the effects of run-of-river hydro facilities on fish. I heard there was alot of resistance to the Kokish project due to it's harmful effects to fish. Now that it is completed I am wondering if anyone has any information on it's effects. The Kokish projects website...
Back