Search results

1. Goathorns

Quesnel Lake Rookie

Never been to Plato's, but enjoyed Elysia a few times now. At Plato you could try the bay where the river comes in. Maybe small bay to troll but minnows coming down river to stimulate the big fish? I've caught fish shallow in June, using #9 fiberglass fly rods, spinner and bucktail. Rainbows...
  2. Goathorns

Fur set to fly at Nanaimo open house

thanks AA, I read the article. whale watchers seem like simple minded types, and obstructionists. "because the ecosystem takes care of itself." and "everyone is looking for a silver bullet."
  3. Goathorns

Towing a fishing boat behind cruiser....

You could go to Silva Bay, in early May for a test run. You'll have narrow entrance and exits to navigate, practice anchoring, you might drag? traps for Prawns and salmon have started migrating past. Then go to Port McNeill in mid June. If you go to early, it is still like winter up there. Try...
  4. Goathorns

Lets see your fish Cleaning station.

from the 2nd hand store I brought home an old cooler tray, stainless sink, with narrow edges. it is almost 4' long. I cut slots in the underside of 4 cedar 2x4 planks, and they fit over the edges, taking up almost all the space across the sink. Mounted the sink/cooler on top of an old boat...
  5. Goathorns

Those chinese knock off boats

Well don't hold it in, let it out...talk to us...
  6. Goathorns

FOUND a Lowrance transducer, transom mount HST-DFSBL

I have one of those and am trying to sell it. See Craigslist Abbotsford/ Fraser valley, sporting goods, 2 Lowrance transducers... 50/200 kHz and a new bracket washers and bolt. e tranfer accepted. can box and mail it, from Chilliwack.
  7. Goathorns

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Freighters; 1) QB marker to the 1st mile marker, as long as no westerly swells. some crossing traffic here... or better yet (usually) 2) 1st to 2nd mile marker, 140' to 160' of water, 140' to 160' of cable. not to close to bottom or you will get flounders, unlike Howe...
  8. Goathorns

Wanted: Sewing machine for boat upholstery (V.Isle)

great thread here. I would be interested in these machines as well. I would like to see what was purchased and what else is available...post a pic, some machine capacities,... I did some canvas and vinyl for my old boat over the years. It was successful but not the high grade you would get from...
  9. Goathorns

Prawn Gear

I have an ad in Craigslist vancouver in sporting goods. $400. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/spo/d/north-vancouver-prawn-lines-weights/7002063467.html
  10. Goathorns

Mark Pendleton

How many miles from Port Hardy dock to Nawhitti bar/ Cape Sutil? Isn't it like 40 miles?
  11. Goathorns

ISO Prawn Traps

apparently a great newer brand at Steveston Hardware, $140-100.
  12. Goathorns

Change oil or not?

the manuals have always indicated 100 hours for the 80W90 gear oils. I used to change engine oil twice a year, fall and spring. 100 hours per year on the main. So would get less hours on the 10w30 in winter than the summer 20w50. old inline 6.
  13. Goathorns

Lifting Outboard brackets: worth it?

I have never used a lifting device that is hydraulic, or spring driven. I installed a 20 hp, 4 cycle bracket from Garelick or whomever, and kept it in the lower position always. Ya sure the bushings wear out, but just tighten it all up, never move it. 20 years!!! My boat had a high transom...
  14. Goathorns

Gas prices up again

$1.60 in Lynn Valley, North Van. for the low grade regular.
  15. Goathorns

Vintage Spoons?

Yes, I have one of the brass ones in good shape.
  16. Goathorns

Will Expanded Marine Protected Areas End Fishing on BC’s Coast?

I sold my old boat in January, 2019. So glad I did.
  17. Goathorns

Pesca Spoons Done

I had success on the green/ black Gutbomb. I wonder what the other good colours and names are.??? I bought a few with blue stripes thinking anchovie imitation. I bought a pair for fishing shallow, thinking anchovies again. different paint.
  18. Goathorns

boxes are all spoken for now, happy to have helped!

Too bad I'm on the mainland, you're on the island. I'm packing to move end of the month. Curious about Ladysmith, are there good properties there? . Are you going to moor the boat.?
  19. Goathorns

Hook sharpening

Admin will prolly move this thread. I like your ideas and efforts, very good. a lot cheaper than a wet stone, and more compact, won't break when dropped.
  20. Goathorns

From the shore after October?

Porpoise Bay will have Salmon. Should be at the mouth of Gray Creek.
Back