Search results

1. sammyslabber

Victoria Reports 2015

Prior Lake...just got back and it appears to be a high mortality percentage...talked with someone who got there just after the fry were released; "many were near the surface and appeared to be gasping for air" This news is disheartening;especially for the hatchery volunteers, who volunteer...
  2. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

Maybe the feds have suspended dfo work while the boss is out campaigning!!!
  3. sammyslabber

Victoria Reports 2015

Jesus mercy!!...any ideas what the cause is? :(
  4. sammyslabber

Halibut anchoring question

WHAT!!! only one friend...yes it has been awhile...:)
  5. sammyslabber

Vic-Van Downtown/Downtown Foot Ferry-Yet Another Try?

Yes,the harbour is crammed...apparently the Harbour Authority likes it that way...a steady cash - stream...;) Ogden Point should be expanded into a multiuse facility...tons of room and options there. On a footnote what happened to the Maritime Museum proposal...pushed aside?
  6. sammyslabber

Vic-Van Downtown/Downtown Foot Ferry-Yet Another Try?

Seattle Clipper fare *2016 $109 - $179; two sailings a day - Seattle ok for tourists...doubts about a Van run http://www.clippervacations.com/schedules-fares/
  7. sammyslabber

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

3 mph would be a start...turns,sudden speed changes and tide lines...generally,renny spring trolling is 2.5 +
  8. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

Time to drop the Coho slot...1 wild at least!
  9. sammyslabber

Bass Pro for Vancouver

Its opening could be a bonus for bass fisherman...;)
  10. sammyslabber

No bananas!

Mr Cheezie RIP...:(
  11. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

@Arjento...:) [tTO35aq0_yQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTO35aq0_yQ&feature=youtu.be
  12. sammyslabber

Victoria Reports 2015

Congrats Kildonan...a real beaut...:)
  13. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

Timing and location...;)
  14. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

Fish report...an "unnamed source" well I guess I know him...:) sent me a pic of a "50 + pounder" chinooky;it was a picture of a guy holding a bloodied,BIG fish,caught at 11:45 am today(Sooke)
  15. sammyslabber

Sooke2015

defiantly mice springs...:)
  16. sammyslabber

Victoria Reports 2015

Gary,good to see you guys are still at it;always enjoyed our conversations at the clubhouse...would be nice to reconnect after all these years...:)
  17. sammyslabber

Victoria Reports 2015

back to reports... James Bay Anglers' derby Sunday - winner 21 lbs lots of springs caught ~ avr. weight 15lbs...:) Today noticed a gaggle of boats off harbour entrance.
  18. sammyslabber

Central coast shearwater/Bella bella area

You bet, 10 days back I took my wife on a cruising/fishing trip to Bella Balla with http://www.tugboatcruise.com/;we hit the airport and after a quick lunch and cruise up to Idle pt we were fishing.The coho action was on fire to say the least...10 - 20 pulls out of the cut plug,it didn't seem to...
Back