Search results

1. E

2024 Sidney Reports

Spent an hour at Coal but not a sniff. Headed south along East Side of James, followed the beach past the powder wharf, was about to call it a day when both pins popped. Fish on rod one was gone, played and lost fish number two. Lost a couple more, including a probable good one. Frustrating! Did...
  2. E

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Nice day to be out on the water but pretty quiet as far as fishing went around the gap. For myself anyways. Crabbing was good. Kept four keepers but threw back a couple of monsters that were a little too soft. They seemed to like Turkey carcass, stuffing and all.
  3. E

Extended Outboard Warranty?

Debating whether or not to spend the bucks on my outboards extended warranty offer. Obviously if there is a major failure it would be worth it, but on the other hand Mercury is probably in this for a profit. Motor still has a year of mfg. warranty. $1100 for three additional years.
  4. E

These Closures Suck!

Well yes they do. No one is arguing with that, but it seems that some seem to believe those of us that still fish when it is non-retention are part of the problem. Here is a thread for those whiners to whine. :) "THESE CLOSURES SUCKS !!!!!! thinking of yourself is the biggest reason we will...
  5. E

Scotty Downrigger SOLD

Scotty, forget what model. 110?. The head is used. The boom assembly a dozen outings, pivot mount and duel rod holder new. All works great. $425 In Langford.
  6. E

Scotty DR Swap

Anyone want to swap, my used twice Scotty 1116 for a similar 1101? Victoria area. Has to be in very good condition.
  7. E

Cushion top boat seats.

Who makes custom cushion boat seat tops? Something with a durable water/uv proof material, to go on aluminum box seats. Suggestions?
  8. E

Welded Aluminum Boats

Has anyone checked out the welded aluminum skiffs made by Versatile tech.? INA Marine carries them. They look good to me except the welding looks kind of gobby. I don't know much about welding.
  9. E

Regulations ?

When a water has "No power boats", does that include electric motors? Why?
  10. E

Whale watching?

I plan on taking the family and friends from the East Coast out to Pacific Rim Park in August. Don't have a ton of money but think going out to see whales would be a once in a lifetime experience. I see tours leaving from Ucluelet and Tofino, Ucluelet being the less expensive. Any...
Back