Search results

1. Gray Escape

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Prefer Tyee Marine in Campbell River. They have everything, owners Roger and Murray are real pros. www.tyeemarine.ca Also a Scotty repair depot!
  2. Gray Escape

2019 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Beautiful afternoon at Balenas yesterday. 10 hits in 2 hrs. Released a couple of beauty 14-15lb springs. Only one small wild Coho to the boat. All lip hooked safely released thank goodness. Lots of fun.
  3. Gray Escape

2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

We caught a 17 today at Lizard. Nice fish. Next door neighbour here at TC brought in a 24 and a 40 from Swanson. Much nicer fish!! Some bigger fish around right now. Hoping to find one tomorrow. Still have another week to test our skills.
  4. Gray Escape

Kodiak Brake Calipers

Slip on rotors work great, especially if you already have the hubs. Galvanized hubs are fine, they never wear out.
  5. Gray Escape

Kodiak Brake Calipers

Check out www.easternmarine.com Full 10" Kodiak brake kit with 2 SS calipers is $275 US Single SS Calipers are $173 US ea Much better to buy the full kit rather than just the calipers.
  6. Gray Escape

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Beautiful day on the water Kept a teenager for the BBQ off Lasqueti Fell in the drink clearing weeds off the kicker motor Too funny. Very refreshing tho!
  7. Gray Escape

2017 Nanaimo Reports

The algae/plankton was horrific Sunday Basically unfishable at Fingers. Took 2 hours at the dock to cleanup and re- tie all the gear and DR cables. Total mess Think I'll wait a week and hopefully it dissipates.
  8. Gray Escape

Islander vs. Trophy vs. Rapala vs. Amundson

I have Islander MR3's and really like the quality. They are a legacy item and a one time purchase as they can always be repaired and upgraded. The feel of the drag with a big Chinook on the line is second to none. The reel creep is a small issue, but once you dial in the amt of oil on the cork...
  9. Gray Escape

Kodiak Brake Calipers

I have Kodiak brakes on my trailer too, have also had problems with dacromet coated calipers with stainless pistons seizing in as soon as 2 seasons. Was told by Keith at Highliner trailer to be sure to replace the dacromet coated calipers with stainless steel. They cost more but will eliminate...
  10. Gray Escape

Nootka first timer

Tuta Marina has camping. Was a little rustic when we were there years ago, the road in can also be a challenge. Larry and Shirley are very nice people, we enjoyed it overall.
  11. Gray Escape

Nootka first timer

Been going to Critter Cove since 1999! Fabulous spot, great people, they have all the amenities you require. Highly recommended.
  12. Gray Escape

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Nice day on the water Sunday, wind was not too bad. Kept 1 White Spring from over at Sangster.
  13. Gray Escape

Where to get trailer serviced in Vancouver area

Call Marty at Sealand RV in Richmond. Alternately, Highliner Trailer in Delta is very good too. Have used them both for parts and service over the years.
  14. Gray Escape

Hyro foil and 4 blade props

Had the Piranha composite prop and foil on our last boat which was 21 feet with a 5L Mercruiser. I found the foil really improved the stability of the boat and helped keep it in plane at much slower speeds. I didn't find it helped get it on plane any quicker, had to use the trim tabs just as we...
  15. Gray Escape

Can't find kodiak callipers

Just ordered 5 Kodiak 225 DAC calipers and 12 of my favourite Lubrimatic grease from Eastern Marine. Calipers are $68.95ea US, grease is $4.95 per 14oz tube. Freight was $61, delivered to Blaine. They also sell the caliper rebuild kits too.
  16. Gray Escape

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Be nice to Bildo, he may be old......but....he did bring some beer!
  17. Gray Escape

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Joined the fleet at Sandheads Labour Day. Went 4 for 5 on Springs and a few Pinks that we released. Picked up one beauty 25lber to make it extra special. Fantastic day.
  18. Gray Escape

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Please be aware the road into Tuta is an active logging road. They have those big butt 10' wide blue monster logging trucks working them and they are very scary. I had one run me off the side of the road on a blind corner. Please be careful.
  19. Gray Escape

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

If you're going to Tuta, I would launch at Gold River and then run out to Hanna Channel where Tuta is located. Its only a 35 min run and then no damage risk to your truck, trailer or boat. 5000lb is too heavy for that crappy gravel road. Bring your bug repellant too as camping at Tuta is a...
  20. Gray Escape

North island reports

At Telegraph Cove Aug 14-22 this year, first trip there with the Albemarle. Will visit Echo Bay for the Pig Roast on Aug 15! Such a spectacular area. Closest fuel by water to Alder Bay is Telegraph Cove. Marine gas also avail at Port McNeill and Echo Bay.
Back