Search results

1. Prairie Buoy

Brown's Bay

Have been involved with plenty of live release walleye tournaments back in Saskatchewan. There are at least a dozen tourneys yearly there and are all live release.. Fishing boats are either equiped with live wells, to keep fish healthy until measured at dock, then released..or there are several...
  2. Prairie Buoy

Mexico beach fishing

I too fish the beach a lot. I do the west coast Mexico south Ixtapa. Headed there again couple weeks late January. Get a fairly heavy duty take down rod, large reel, make up steel leader, braid... Have to have steel leader or 80 pound test leader... the needle fish are a pain in a-- and cut...
  3. Prairie Buoy

Tidal section of Eve river 12-2

Am trying to interpret these regs.. I find them very confusing?? One page says non coho retention but also says see restriction page... when go to restriction page says retention is 2 with one wild?? I understand what non retention means but then why reference to restriction page where says...
  4. Prairie Buoy

Conuma River

I hear a roomer that the Conuma River has been placed on a restricted rec fishing ban. I can't seem to find any info on. Can someone point me in right direction? Thanks PB
  5. Prairie Buoy

2021 Campbell River Reports

Was out yesterday picking up some prawns before the commercial onslaught . Did well on prawns but on the fill in time when traps soaking, chased a few ling. They were quite cooperative but found something interesting... picked up a few that had blue tinged mouths.. One of these was legal and...
  6. Prairie Buoy

Puerto Rico

Hi! Thinking maybe time to check out other winter fishing possibilities.. the old mexico standby is still there but been there a number of times now.. been reading a bit about Puerto Rico fishing. Anyone have any first hand experience with fishin there? Any info would be great... This probably...
  7. Prairie Buoy

freshwater river regulations

ThankYou eroyd
  8. Prairie Buoy

freshwater river regulations

Have heard about some chinook retention regulation changes to the Campbell and Puntledge rivers... I can't seem to find any mention of this on the in season regulation change DFO page... Can someone inform me of where I can look changes up online?? Thanks a lot PB
  9. Prairie Buoy

Limited time fall coho

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on the very limited time fall coho fishing up around Quatsino or Nootka way?.. I understand there is a crash week or two time where the coho gather before heading up assorted rivers where fishing for them can be very entertaining. Usually...
  10. Prairie Buoy

Beach Journal 2018

Thanks for the info. Probably head down to PNT next week or so. One more question. You mentioned line twist is a problem with spinners... you don't use a swivel in your setup?? PB
  11. Prairie Buoy

Beach Journal 2018

I too track along the beach looking for fish movement and I certainly enjoy reading about your exploits. I use the same gear I use for my surf casting along the mexican beaches but certainly is NOT ultra lite equipment, but is currently all I have. Am interested in your ultra lite setup. I...
  12. Prairie Buoy

OH boy, another cooler!!

I assume that is the blue 1 1/2 inch rigid insulation that you have made a box out of and set the entire cooler in?? Did you cut holes for the handles? PB
  13. Prairie Buoy

OH boy, another cooler!!

Hi guys! I know what we all need is another cooler as most of us have them stacked up and don't use most of what we already have. I am the same. But a couple times a year I need a cooler that may be good for more than a day or two when travelling. In the past I daily replace ice or empty...
  14. Prairie Buoy

freezing salmon

Interesting comment... any idea what that temp may be??
  15. Prairie Buoy

freezing salmon

Had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine. Thought would ask others on the subject. Topic was freezing salmon... I am a vacuum pac guy when comes to freezing salmon. Would say that after about 90 days the fish starts to loose its freshness for a thaw and BBQ supper, still tastes...
  16. Prairie Buoy

Hydromet Stations Question

Hi people. I have a question for those who may know... Just for my own interest I daily check the live video of the Hydromet station along the Sproat River. I like to see the socks swim by and later a few springs. Is impossible to gage fish size from watching; but I see there are a couple of...
  17. Prairie Buoy

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Yes, the salmon have been in very playful mood last week 10 days. Gettin an even mix of whites/reds. Am a hootchie man myself.. anyone else think the whites are much better fighters than reds?? Can't find many pcod, even the usual, **** me off dog fish, seem to be scarce... Good luck out...
  18. Prairie Buoy

Seaquilizers

I have been using the seaqualizer for 3 years. Have mine set for max which is 150'. Keep a 5 pound ball on one downrigger when am deep jigging just for release purposes. Let it down push auto up. Has always come up clean and have never seen a floater come back up. At end of day Always release...
  19. Prairie Buoy

Looking for Someone With a Striper 2101

I have a 2101 too. Soft top. Courtenay. 150 outboard & kicker.. Drop me a pm if want to see layout... Daryl
  20. Prairie Buoy

Baja Fish ****

Hey SF.. How close you to Loreto?? PB
Back