Search results

1. G

2024 Campbell River Reports

Looking for advice on how to fish Shelter Point. Going out tomorrow with a friend and I've never fished that area. Do you troll on north side of point, south side, or directly across from point ? Fish in 200 feet of water and set cannonball close to bottom? Please and thank you.
  2. G

2023 Campbell River Reports

Looking for a winter spring report. Going out in a couple of days. Any yummy winter springs out there?
  3. G

Can someone give me a fishing report for the Green Can/Franscisco Point area? Planning to go there on Friday and would like to know if the fish and bait are still there or have moved on. Thanks.
  4. G

fished Fransisco/Dogfish Bay yesterday from 3:30 to 7pm. stayed in shallow water, 40-50 feet deep. Riggers at 30 feet. Lots of bait. Kept 3 coho, released 5 others. Non stop shakers on hootchies until I switched to a plug and a 5" spoon. Lots of fun.
  5. G

Wonderful! Thanks
  6. G

Any recent reports from Green Can/Francisco Point area? Is fishing still hot there?
  7. G

Still no announcement from DFO for Chinook retention. Has anyone heard anything or have any intel??? July 15th is 5 days away. This is brutal...
  8. G

2022 Brown’s Bay Reports

Any recent reports from chum fishing north of the Narrows?
  9. G

2022 Campbell River Reports

Any recent report from the Green Can area? I saw lots of boats there this weekend.
  10. G

I fished between both cans on Friday late afternoon/evening and on yesterday (Sunday) late afternoon/evening. Got 4 springs in 3 hours on Friday. Yesterday was slower. Only landed one Spring, lost another by the boat on a netting malfunction, and released an undersized. Lots of bait between...
  11. G

Can anyone give me a fishing report on the area south of Quadra (Green Can, Red Can, Hump)? Is the fishing still hot in that area or has it cooled down. Haven't fished there in 3 weeks.
  12. G

As promised, I am reporting on how my novice fisherman friend did at Brown's Bay last week. He did well. 8 springs were caught fishing in the bay just north of Brown's Bay (on the Vancouver island side). He did not fish that much in the time he was there so it sounds like decent fishing in...
  13. G

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Seas were too rough on those days for my boat.
  14. G

Just got back for 6 day fishing trip in Esperanza. Had a good time, caught our limit of Springs and Coho, but fishing was fair at best. Long periods of trolling with no action. Fished Saltry, Rosa, Low Rock, Sandstone, and Double Island. Got nothing out of Low Rock and Sandstone produced a...
  15. G

Interesting. I've often wondered if the weeds that get caught on either the downrigger or fishing line actually make it to the lures. Or do they make it down to the release clip and then stop there.
  16. G

I'm heading out to Esperanza in a couple of days. Is Rosa still covered in weeds or is that clearing up now?
  17. G

Will do. But he is a novice fisherman, so it may not be indicative of the fishing. I'll report back in a week or so.
  18. G

I have a friend who will be camping at Brown's Bay Resort next week. He'd like to know about the salmon fishing in that area. Has the fishing been good over the past few days? Which area to fish (Deepwater Bay, Wall north of deep water, plumper, green sea, etc.) ? Any info you can share...
  19. G

Fished the green can yesterday from 5pm to 7:30 pm. Slow. A couple of hits and nothing to show for it. Lots of bait but not much fish, at least they didn't seem to be biting at that time. Saw very few nets and had similar comments when I returned to the dock.
  20. G

Anyone been fishing around Campbell River? Any reports?
Back