Search results

1. P

Victoria 2014 Reports

I was lucky enough to not have any trouble with the seals yesterday. Lots of bites but only one 5 lbs in the boat and another shaker released. I think i hooked a halibut of some size. played it for a short time then my old rod broke and the line followed suit shortly afterwards. if you catch...
  2. P

WTB Anchor system

Sig H I have sent you a couple PM's and have not heard back.
  3. P

WTB Anchor system

I have 17' Arima and want an anchor system. I hope to take on the challenge of Halibut fishing next year. Not working so cost a factor.
  4. P

Victoria 2014 Reports

Out with my godson all day. He just passed his boating license so I suspect that my boat driving days are done. Lost at least 10, released 5, kept 4. 6lb 7lb 7lb 10lb. No seals. Saw most boats catching and keeping fish. Fishing off Saxe and MacCaulay. Fished the bottom in 150' to 170'. Want to...
  5. P

Victoria 2014 Reports

Out on the water with my 84-year-old father. Only one to the boat 8 pounds. A very nice day to be on the water with my dad. Anchovies and glow white flasher on the bottom.
  6. P

Victoria 2013 Reports

Does anyone know how the seals know I have a fish on? Do they hear the reel? The fish struggling? Or smell my fear that I am going to lose another fish to them
  7. P

Harbour Chandler Black Friday

I got smart tabs for $110. Was quoted $250 at Tro. That was a great deal. I drove up from Victoria and bought a ton of other things which totaled out to what the tabs would have been here. Even when they are not having a sale they can not be beat for service and price.
  8. P

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Nice to hear about someone using a plug. I have a number of old plugs that I got from my grand father and yesterday I decided that I would make it a mission to catch something using one of these. Nothing yesterday but I am sure it will happen. More so having seen your fish Bugs.
  9. P

That sounds great. My arms are tired just reading about it. Congradulations. Nothing better than fly rod no flasher
  10. P

2 Scotty right angle gunnel mounts

Having bought a new boat that enabled me to mount my downrigger's on the gunnel I no longer need these mounts. I am advertising them for $30 each but am willing to look at trades.
  11. P

Victoria 2013 Reports

You are right about it being an awesome day in the water. I am out on the waterfront as I type. Only one small winter for the day. Some awesome video of the whales. My net was a little too small to get one of them in the boat.
  12. P

Victoria 2013 Reports

Out for an afternoon fish yesterday at Conney. One bite landed an 8 lb winter. He was mad as hell and took line like he was twenty pounds. He also took to the air twice. I thought I had a coho on. Using bait and green flasher. Note to self: ask santa for rain gear that actually repels water...
  13. P

Victoria 2013 Reports

Fished conney yesterday. Lots of shakers and one hatchery winter around 6 lbs. I got battered around in the waves till the afternoon when it got beautifully calm. Got to see a sub surface. :)
  14. P

Well I guess I have figured this fishing thing out. LOL. Caught a lot of fish. Two hatchery, 9 pounds wild 12 pounds. Released many fish including three Feeder springs at 95ft. Coho on army truck hoochy and army truck teaser head and anchovies. 35 ft and 55 ft. Short leader. Fishing off church
  15. P

So much for my lucky guy to take fishing. Woke to a call from him saying that his water heater blew up so he is out. Thanks jmasta. I will try that leader lenght with a hoochy today. Just the Arima and me today. I will post results.
  16. P

Thanks Englishman. I was joking about thinking I would have salmon fishing down. Even when I don't catch fish I am enjoying being out there learning. Out tomorrow for another try. Bringing a farmer friend. They say bring lucky people fishing with you and he is one lucky guy. Any thoughts on...
  17. P

Out with my 85 year old father yesterday. Launched at Beecher and motored to secretary 500 ft water. Motored around there then back to church. Dragging anchovies then metal then army truck hoochy. He lost one and cleared two shakers but that was it. I was sure that after a month of owning a...
  18. P

Victoria 2013 Reports

Out at Constance with my wife yesterday. Fished 11 till 5 with limited results. 2 coho around the 4lb mark released and lots of shakers. Both on bait. Metal and plastic attracted kelp only. Nothing came home.
  19. P

Boat karma worked. fished with a friend from 10 till 2 also off Trap Shack. released many wild and kept a couple clipped. First fish in the boat was a 13 lb clipped. No pinks or Springs. Bait, plastic and metal all worked. highlight was having released a wild about 8 lbs I immediately...
Back